PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I can see clearly now, the haze is gone...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2016, 09:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Default I can see clearly now, the haze is gone...

...well, I just decided to replace the headlights on my PT because the haze was so bad. Can't complain when my cost was 70 bucks a pop.

I think having to take the bumper face and grille off was more of a pain in the arse than the headlights themselves

Anyways, here's a pic of the old one and the new one before the new ones went on the car.

Old 11 Mar 2016, 11:00 am
Banned

Default Re: I can see clearly now, the haze is gone...

Be sure to keep a coat of protective wax on your new lights, to keep the haze away.
chuzz likes this.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 07:28 am
Veteran Cruiser

What a huge difference. And $70 each is not a bad price!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 08:19 am
Senior Cruiser

What a difference!
I have a new set of headlights I got as a birthday gift which I plan on installing pretty soon.
I've gone ahead and sanded the lenses and then sprayed them with clear coat. Hypothetically speaking, they should never haze.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 08:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

I'll be getting a set sometime in the near future. Mine have like cracks all through them & a 3" crack on 1 of them. Thankfully it seems I can get a set for about $100.
Gkon likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 12 Mar 2016, 10:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I've used chemicals to clean mine - come out nearly as good as new, doesn't take that long to do, and is way cheaper.
Lasts a couple months before hazing starts back.
wingman55 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Mar 2016, 08:12 am
Regular Cruiser

I did clean the old ones.... but the hazing was happening on the inside of the lens too so I priced out some jobber ones.... $70 each my cost. The OEM ones were $270 each dead cost so I figured I'd go for the jobber ones. They're all waxed and ready for whatever the weather brings 'em but I won't be heartbroken if they haze again seeing as how cheap they were AND THEY CAME WITH ALL THE BULBS AND SOCKETS!

the worst part was having to take the fascia and grille off to replace them. Thankfully I had TechCONNECT, a senior mechanic, a hoist and my toolbox (that rivals any of the mechanics') to help out and got the job done in about an hour. Flat rate called for an hour a side to replace the housings.

Next up.... repairing (or possibly replacing) the front fascia. I noticed a HUGE DENT in the bottom and the lower grille is nearly busted off.... never let your hubby drive your car
Gkon likes this.
Old 17 Mar 2016, 12:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've had the headlamps in my 03 Dream in and out twice, didn't remove the bumper cover either. Just dropped the front sides of the inner fender panels, removed the two outer sockets and the four mounting nuts, then oohed it out through the hole it sits in. Then removed the other socket and done.
Old 17 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
I've had the headlamps in my 03 Dream in and out twice, didn't remove the bumper cover either. Just dropped the front sides of the inner fender panels, removed the two outer sockets and the four mounting nuts, then oohed it out through the hole it sits in. Then removed the other socket and done.
I went by what TechCONNECT was telling me. No biggie.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 10:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Lovely! I also just got a new pair of these...they are "eagle eye" brand and they are direct fit oem lights. As a pair the price was $117.00, but I only paid $80.00 as i purchase a lot of parts from Auto Parts Warehouse and have the APW rewards. But the hi-beams and low-beam bulbs were included...the turn signal bulbs weren't.

These are the headlights if anyone is interested: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gDLRoCIerw_wcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedPTBruiser View Post
...well, I just decided to replace the headlights on my PT because the haze was so bad. Can't complain when my cost was 70 bucks a pop.

I think having to take the bumper face and grille off was more of a pain in the arse than the headlights themselves

Anyways, here's a pic of the old one and the new one before the new ones went on the car.

wingman55 likes this.

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg