PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
E & G Grilles

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2016, 03:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default E & G Grilles

I am based in UK and am after an E & G Classics grille, have searched the internet but cannot find one for sale, does anyone in USA PT land know of any available new or used?
Old 07 Apr 2016, 07:01 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: E & G Grilles

I went on line using the search words E & G grills for PT CRUISERS and found this site; www.CARiD.com/Car-Grills.
Because it was an 11 page print down to get the image I didn't do that for you. For all intents and purposes though if yours is a later model it'd be a neat chrome mesh grill. If yours is an earlier model it'd be similar to SOOO BIG's grill. The only differential I note is that SOOO BIG's grills finish with the grill bars all the way out to the end. The E & G grill for the earlier model finishes with a chrome ending similar to the original plastic grill. See attached. I'm very satisfied with the one on SOOO BIG. It has sentimental value also as my son Steve gave it to me after being on his 2000 AQUACRUISER PT for all these years. You can see how well they hold up!
Perhaps if you have no other success in finding this grill new or used you could have a Forum member order a new one for you to be shipped to you. Good luck on your search and the costs if you can't get one in the UK.

Happy Ptin ptprice.SOOO BIG's new set of dentures 005.jpg

SOOO BIG's new set of dentures 001.jpg

SOOO BIG's new set of dentures 003.jpg

SOOO BIG's new set of dentures 002.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 07 Apr 2016 at 07:33 am.
Old 07 Apr 2016, 07:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

This is the Grille I am trying to find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTCruiser3.jpg (29.4 KB, 88 views)
Old 07 Apr 2016, 10:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
This is the Grille I am trying to find

Never seen that grill before.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 07 Apr 2016, 11:04 am
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 07:26 pm.
Old 07 Apr 2016, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

or just get a PTEASER frount facia
Old 07 Apr 2016, 02:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

A bit too British for my taste. To contrived. too much like "Gilding the Lilly". We have too much of that premise of change for the sake of change.

Now that's just my opinion. It wouldn't end up on SOOO BIG, but then again he has plebeian tastes. He's not at all prone to ruinin' a good thing.

In my humble opinion the worst PT styling mistake Chrysler made was the second generation front end style change. With the cut off half grill and the notched headlights it fades away from the retro style of the earlier models.

I'm sure a lot of PTers favor the later style, so to each his own. Don't want to open up a hornets nest!

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 07 Apr 2016, 04:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
A bit too British for my taste. To contrived. too much like "Gilding the Lilly". We have too much of that premise of change for the sake of change.

Now that's just my opinion. It wouldn't end up on SOOO BIG, but then again he has plebeian tastes. He's not at all prone to ruinin' a good thing.

In my humble opinion the worst PT styling mistake Chrysler made was the second generation front end style change. With the cut off half grill and the notched headlights it fades away from the retro style of the earlier models.

I'm sure a lot of PTers favor the later style, so to each his own. Don't want to open up a hornets nest!

Happy Ptin', ptprice
while im sure that is your take I drive a 06 and ME I like the second gen the bumpers are molded into the car and look like they were not a last second add on the headlight thins is kinda hookey but its what it is we are all different and usually we like what we drive to be honest id love a really nice 2010 PT GT with a 5 speed and all the options but as we all know that car dose not exist so we do withy what we got
Id still love a PT front end with the big grill make mine into a panel van and lift it up and put a nice set of 31x12.5 16s on her and some how put a Mercedes CRD motor in her but probably just a dream
ptprice and LionPT like this.
Old 07 Apr 2016, 04:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

ptwarehouse.com accessories exterior grilles

The fourth one down is the one you are looking for...I'm sure the shipping will be horrendous! You may want to call to check that they are still in business, and that they actually have one.

And don't mind PTPrice's comment
Quote:
A bit too British for my taste.
...you know how us Yanks are.

2005 N/A 5 speed manual - Booger bushings, K&N Filter, MSD spark plug wires, APC Taillights, Accra-Form Running Boards, Hubcap Mike's Spoke Hubcaps, Retrosound radio (usb1-2/aux1-2/bluetooth), Chrysler 1949 Hood Ornament, and a Flameball white pearl shift knob (which makes it go faster).
Old 07 Apr 2016, 05:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

to thehoghunter, I took a peak at the site you referred on your thread. Some of those are "finest kind". SOOO BIG also approves.

And to cruiserdad1976, your right in pointing out the pluses in the later model Pts, I whole heartedly agree with your exceptions. You do know that a stock earlier Pt front end'll bolt right on your neat 06 with just an exchange of headlights and you'd also gain the right to Fog lights with the right MFS.

Sorry Blondie, you Brits are OK even though you drive on the wrong side of the road. Don't forget you gave us your mother tongue even if we've screwed it up.

No offense meant, just wanted to stir thing up a bit.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
cruserdad1976 likes this.