• 2 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By uncomn
  • 1 Post By uncomn
  • 1 Post By pasadenahotrod03Dreamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2016, 03:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default body kit 'removal'

hi i found this tonight on ebay being broken at a breakers near me and i really like this "flush looking rear bumper" style so i might whiz up there tomorrow...... can anyone tell me how easy it might be to get it off in one piece at the scrap yard?! sorry i meant to say difficult of course lol, and any more info on this common body extra... never bought or put a kit on a car in my life
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57 (5).jpg (100.4 KB, 71 views)

2005 GT 2.4 Dark Plum Pearl
Old 24 Apr 2016, 07:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: body kit 'removal'

I think those roll pan 'bumpers' mount the same way as the factory bumper. Should be four bolts under the plastic trim panel in the hatch, the holes are covered with tape of some sort. Then there are several push pins on the edges into the quarter panel.

look up pt cruiser bumper removal on youtube...

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 24 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: body kit 'removal'

I concur with rcktpwrd's very complete instructions. The rolled rear cover is a good look on a PT and should be a straight forward removal and installation.

If it's priced right, grab the chrome fuel cap too. Or see if they'll throw it in to sweeten the pot. If all else fails there's what we call in America, the "five fingered discount". Opps, now the whole world knows! Forget I said that!

Happy Ptin', ptprice
rcktpwrd and podo2000 like this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 10:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Those rims are pretty cool, too.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 03:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
I concur with rcktpwrd's very complete instructions. The rolled rear cover is a good look on a PT and should be a straight forward removal and installation.

If it's priced right, grab the chrome fuel cap too. Or see if they'll throw it in to sweeten the pot. If all else fails there's what we call in America, the "five fingered discount". Opps, now the whole world knows! Forget I said that!

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Hahaha
ptprice likes this.

Old 25 Apr 2016, 03:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Will let you know how it goes, I think this place is the most active chrysler breaker in the country and its under an hour from me which is good, so I'm guessing they will have more pt bits there too... How about paint for my colour is that hard to get or can it be recreated?! That blue is so close to mine aswell but I think it's not exact same!!

Old 09 May 2016, 02:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

I did shoot up there to get this the next morning even seen a cruiser on the way close to the place, the thing had gone! i think they had listed the car before for different bits and that went fast they told me, so i had my list of other stuff i needed while i was there but the breaker owner was a rude A***hole! the place was all indoor shelved chrysler/jeep parts not stacked cars (massive place) he wouldnt let me look at stuff but then let one of the boys show me round the shelves after i moaned id drove an hour( and i had to go and have my lunch while they had theres lol)...but he wanted prices for used stuff that were dearer than on ebay new from germany!! so i ended up walking out with only one piece of footwell trim for a fiver that i had cracked in mine.... had a nice drive though and a cheap day out lol, i think this might be a hard part to come by nowadays, there are some in america from california i found on google but they are custom and the lights are different looking on the back.....not sure who made the standard one was it mopar....anyway ill keep my eye out but im not gonna spend mad money, i like it but think ill lower it first and see what it looks like standard.....then decide.
ptprice likes this.

Old 09 May 2016, 05:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It happens. The wreckers these days often run on a strict time frame that any given car will be available for parts. The yards I frequent here keep cars only 21 days no matter how much or how little has been taken from them. In the Spring one of them crushed an 02 Dream Cruiser that would have given me all the spares and better parts I needed for mine including a beautiful straight hood. Such is life. I was able to strip an 03 Dream for a lot of spares some weeks later though.
ptprice likes this.