Advertisements
Smooth Front bumpers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2step

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2016, 09:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Smooth Front bumpers

Love the cruisers and I'm in the process of picking up my super slammers/ tokikos...My question would be off topic of suspension....it's regarding the smooth front bumper with all the stock sharp edges smoothed, I LOVE that look...is that an after market part that is still available? and if so where could I get it?
Old 29 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Smooth Front bumpers

What year is your PT? The 1st gen convertibles had smooth bumpers.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 08:05 am
Dedicated Cruiser

What your lookin' for is an earlier front bumper cover. Pay for quality though, there's a lot of Chinese knock-offs on the market that don't quite fit or are of a lesser thickness. Look for a trusted supplier.

I was very satisfied with the one I got from this supplier for SOOO BIG.

Don't forget to check to see if the metal center brace is either installed as a part of the unit or save it from your other cover. Without it, the upper center portion of the cover just under the upper grill will buckle. Good Luck.

Happy PTin', ptprice

on line PT front bumper cover resource.jpg

SOOO BIG's new set of dentures 005.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 02:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just to be sure we're covering the right bases, the OP may be asking about the PTeazer front fascias.

For stock bumper fascias, the base, non-turbo Cruisers had the divots recessed in the outer ends of the bumper like in ptprice's photo above. The '02 Dream and the '03 through '05 turbo models were smooth without the divots. There were some other differences in shapes but the turbo fascia can be installed on the base model if the lower radiator support is also changed to a turbo piece. (The '06 and newer Cruisers got the 1980's import looking bumpers. But that's another story. )

Here's a link to the PTeazer site. Note that the bumper covers could be had with the divots and without......
PTeazer Front Treatments: PTeazer
ptprice likes this.
Old 02 Jun 2016, 09:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Just to be sure we're covering the right bases, the OP may be asking about the PTeazer front fascias.

Here's a link to the PTeazer site. Note that the bumper covers could be had with the divots and without......
PTeazer Front Treatments: PTeazer
I AM IN LOVE!

That +06 Bumperette with the Roadstar grille - I want it!

Previous PT Cruiser: 2007 Touring Edition (non-Turbo) in Ocean Pearl.

Current Cruiser: 2007 Limited Edition Turbo, chrome trim package, Cool Vanilla (husband's car).

Now driving a 2014 Ford Escape SE 2.0 Ecoboost, Deep Impact blue (perhaps not the best name choice for a vehicle of mine!)