Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vertical Door Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2004, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Vertical Door Kit

I am very interested in finding a made for make and model LSD kit but have yet to find one. I have found universal kits and I have found CD-roms explaining how I can do it myself. The amount of money these companies want for a hinge kit is just insane ($1295.00 - $2004.00). I have found one person who has a LSD kit on his PT but have yet to here back for him at Supie.com. It's a couple of multi directional hinges and struts not an on-board computer navigation system. Can someone explain the extreme cost of these kits to me. Till I find a kit for my car that someone will stand behind for the life of my car I can't bring myself to buy a set. I'll just keep looking.
Old 08 Jun 2004, 05:24 am
Young Cruiser

http://www.streetracinggallery.com/L...-Shipping.html
Old 08 Jun 2006, 12:08 am
Young Cruiser

The lambo style doors just do not seem to open far enough to actually enter and exit the car without doing some kind of "lambo-limbo". When the doors are fully open, how much of the opening really is OPEN??? I never see pictures, close up, from the rear of any PTs with this option.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 11:05 am
Cool Cruiser

The vertical door bolt on kit is very nice and opens like a regular door almost as wide. i have had no problems with mine , they have been on for over a year.

www.verticaldoors.com

to see pics of mine check
www.grounded4life.org
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 10 Jun 2006, 05:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm the one who owns the Dream Cruiser most seen on the internet with Lambo Doors. I've had them for over two years and never had a problem. They open about 18"-20" which is plenty of room for me to get in and out. If your are a larger person it would probably be easier for you to get in and out by lifting of the car.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 09:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT
Default Re: Vertical Door Kit

i'm getting some Lambo hinges that where of a other car and put in them in min how hard well it be for me to do it there of a 87 Chevy caprise
Old 21 Jan 2008, 11:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

What?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruent View Post
What?

javiPTGT, please re-read your own post before hitting the submit button. Leaving out words, and letters makes your question almost unreadable.

I think your asking if vertical door hinges from another car (87 Caprise ??) will fit on your cruiser. If that is your question, I thought that each door kit is made especially for a particular car, so it wouldn't fit on your PT, unless there is such a thing as a "Universal" kit for all cars.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

just out of curiosity, isn't there a way to convert the hatch door to open vertically? I'm 5'2" and trying to reach the hatch door after opening it horizontally is a PITA (pain in the a$$).

if that's the case it's possible, what am I looking into in regards to cost, part and labor? or can it be a DIY project?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've seen a cruiser with the rear hatch split in two, where the glass lifted up and the rest of the hatch went down like a tailgate but I'm sure that cost a bunch of $$$$. As they say, anything can be done with the right cash thrown at it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 22 Jan 2008 at 03:30 pm.