Advertisements
Can an '04 Pull A Trailer?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 2step

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2016, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Can an '04 Pull A Trailer?

I found some older threads pertaining to this subject but most of them are about trailer hitches that allow for clearance of the rear hatch. I'm going to try to use my car for work instead of buying a van. I don't have much to carry in a trailer but it's more of a matter of security vs. room. I also want the hitch to NOT allow the hatch to raise up because I may have secure items behind the seats as well. Not high dollar items just things that are a PITA to have to replace if my goods look too inviting -- not always sure of where I'm going to be with the car and trailer, could be sketchy neighborhoods at times.

I used to have a truck with a camper shell to use for work but the shell had windows and danged if I wasn't broken into three times to get at 1. a used garden hose (how desperate could they have been?) 2. a bag from a department store that contained teaspoons (again -- desperate times call for desperate measures, they probably got ten cents for those spoons and I paid $150 to get the glass replaced!) and 3. a pair of really bad smelling tennis shoes. I'm hoping that something less conspicuous than a work-truck looking affair might throw off the criminal element. Or at least, I could conceivably use it for actual traveling during vacations. And I wouldn't care if I couldn't raise the hitch while using it for pleasure excursions.

Does such a trailer and/or hitch exist? I'm on the west coast, and would be looking for the hitch and trailer and a place to get it installed in one trip. Money is no object, unless it's too expensive. Hah.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 09:08 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Can an '04 Pull A Trailer?

Do a Google search for "PT Cruiser trailer images" to get some ideas of the possibilities. All trailers that I know of have an extended tongue that sets the compartment back more than far enough that the Cruiser hatch won't be blocked at all. The tongue is designed that way for turning clearance issues.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Can an '04 Pull A Trailer?

all the way back posted in 2012...the beginning...

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN