PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
? about xenon crusher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to GTCruiser2003
Default ? about xenon crusher

while im waiting for the GT to be fixed, ive been looking on ebay and i found a great deal on the crusher front facia. the only prob. is that i have gold line slammers on the gt and scrape steep driveways as is, so my question is, to yall that have the crusher installed, what is the ground clearance compared to stock?? what clearance can i expect being lowered?? ive been looking at the crusher for a long time,since before lowering, and i really want it, but not if the front will be 1/2" off the street.

thanks
Old 20 Jun 2004, 05:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have the same questions with mine. Just totalled the front on Saturday by trying to drive through another car. Not really just didn't have any room to stop.

You gotta be careful with the GT. Im not sure if the crusher will fit it.[:I]
Old 29 Jun 2004, 03:30 am
Cool Cruiser

The cruiser kit will fit the GT's, however, the fit seems to leave some gaps under the headlights and fog lights (might want to do some prefiting adjustments before its painted). In addition, you have to cut out the lip area of the grille to give some ventilation to the intercooler.

If you have the stock springs on your GT, the clearance is 6 1/2 inches. To my experience, you will barely clear most moderate steep inclines. Really steep inclines, you might want to angle your cruiser on entrance/exit.