PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Neon or LED.. Streetglow or Plasmaglow??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Neon or LED.. Streetglow or Plasmaglow??

Good afternoon.
I'm looking to add some undercar lighting to my Cruiser. I've looked at some of the posting on here but was still wondering (even though I know this is subjective)... which is better, Neon or LED... I've narrowed it down to Streetglow or Plasmaglow as the manufacturer. Which company do the masses like??

Thanks.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have the Plazmaglow LED with the digital control that makes the lights do all sorts of crazy patterns. The LED's are a little harder to hook up as each light bar has it's own wire that goes to a central box and them over to the controller, where as the Neon's hook up one light to the other and a single wire to the switch. One thing I noticed about mine when I compared a friends' PT with the same setup. His light pattern was wider and brighter and we put it down to my car being almost 3 inches lower to the ground with the Eibach's. My light doesn't get a chance to spread out like his. I have a deep concentration of light straight down.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 05:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

I've used the StreetGlow Gold Series neon with good results. I liked the amount of light, not too bright but with a rich color (mine was purple). Just be careful not to push on any of the lights. I broke one lamp which was mounted behind the rear bumper just by the pressure of installing a rear license plate. However, StreetGlow replaced the lamp under warranty since the exterior casing wasn't broken, just the lamp. FYI, my set is for sale.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|