Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Question about E & G grills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2004, 11:48 am
Young Cruiser

Default Question about E & G grills

Of those that have the E & G grill what do most people have the chrome or the billet aluminum version? I guess what my question really is is it worth the extra $160.00 for the chrome version? [:I]
Old 14 Jun 2004, 12:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

After recently considering both of these E&G grilles, I decided to get the polished aluminum horizontal billet grille because I liked the looks better as you can't see the vertical grille frame supports on this one (they are "blacked out"). On the chromed grille, the vertical bars stand out, and, at least to my eyes, detract from the overall grille appearance. It is also considerably less money. The grille has a perfect custom fit and is made of high-quality materials--I LIKE IT! [8D]
Old 14 Jun 2004, 12:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks thats what I wanted to hear! Plus I can save a little cash. Aways a good thing![?]
Dream II #1350 e & g grill, sunroof deflector, power antenna, Borla duels
Old 14 Jun 2004, 01:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have the billet for about 2 1/2 years now, and am very happy. Mine's silver, so I wasn't sure how chrome would look. It's maintenance free, except for scrubbing bugs off. [?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles