PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Driver's Side Window Problem

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2016, 02:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Driver's Side Window Problem

I'm still holding off for now. I went to the dealer and they want $95 plus tax. Also, they give you the bull line that's for starts and if it doesn't work then it could be more. Not being able to be present as they perform the reset, I really don't trust them and feel they will come across they had to do something else as well. Now we all know that if everything was working perfectly fine and the problem only happened (immediately) after then battery cable was reconnected after being disconnected for 6 months, they can be no other reason.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 05:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I finally brought it to the dealer. Crazy, they said they couldn't reset it after several attempts. Now they're saying I have to replace the regulator! Really, the windows work fine; the only problem is the driver's side window doesn't work with smart-glass. The passenger side works fine. Open the door, it drops about a quarter of inch and goes back up when the door is closed. I thought it was odd, and they're 'fishing" to find the problem. The regulator, and installation is around $700....OUCH
Old 13 Mar 2017, 09:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley558 View Post
I finally brought it to the dealer. Crazy, they said they couldn't reset it after several attempts. Now they're saying I have to replace the regulator! Really, the windows work fine; the only problem is the driver's side window doesn't work with smart-glass. The passenger side works fine. Open the door, it drops about a quarter of inch and goes back up when the door is closed. I thought it was odd, and they're 'fishing" to find the problem. The regulator, and installation is around $700....OUCH
Not taking the side of the dealer, but I have had cars where the problem was the regulator and the windows worked fine except for that last 1/4". I think the teeth wear out on the end causing the problem. I have no idea how this will relate to yours because those cars were manual window cars from the '70s. You could look into doing it yourself. I'm sure it would be cheaper, but I don't know how much or or how easy it would be.

Someone here must have done it. I have done a bunch on 2.2 mopars, but those were just plastic tracks that had to be replaced.

Last edited by Fk5; 03 Oct 2017 at 05:47 pm.
Old 03 Oct 2017, 04:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Really curious of the outcome on this post! Iím now having the exact same dilemma! Iíve tried everything up to this point recommended! Did you take yours in and what was the result if thereís any other info out there!! Thank you!