PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Can someone tell me what these are on my hood?

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2017, 09:38 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Can someone tell me what these are on my hood?

I'm going to guess they light up blue and he only uses them at shows.. just guessing though
Old 06 Jan 2017, 10:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by _PTGT03 View Post
you could have literally asked any educated man who has experience driving a modern car this question
I find this to be less likely than asking a uneducated man. we shouldn't make light of anybody's question. Unless they ask the same question over and over and never listen.
CREWZIN, rckstein and ptprice like this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 06 Jan 2017 at 10:03 am.
Old 06 Jan 2017, 10:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Do they light up all the time when you have the headlights on, or are they on a switch with your other lighting just for shows? What color are they?

Depending on the color and your state, the lights could be illegal (you can't have certain colors shining to the front).

Thank you. I think I'm well aware of the laws in my state. The washer lights are ultra bright WHITE and are connected (for power) to the amber running lights so whenever they would be on, so would the washer light BUT, I've also added an ON/OFF switch under the hood so they can be turned off at my discretion.
rckstein and ptprice like this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com

Last edited by CREWZIN; 06 Jan 2017 at 10:13 am.
Old 06 Jan 2017, 10:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

Thank you. I think I'm well aware of the laws in my state. The washer lights are ultra bright WHITE and are connected (for power) to the amber running lights so whenever they would be on, so would the washer light BUT, I've also added an ON/OFF switch under the hood so they can be turned off at my discretion.
I hooked up my washer LEDs with relays to parking lights/turn signals. They come on with lights and blink with turn signals.
I have amber (yellow) lights.
rckstein and Carnut like this.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Jan 2017, 11:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

I knew you would know the laws, I was just posting the issue just in case someone else was thinking of adding them to their vehicle, first check with local laws to see if such an item is allowed.

I once had a vehicle that had a colored rear license plate frame that lit up. When I got stopped for it, the officer still cited me for it, even though I reached under the bumper and ripped out the wire, while he was still talking to me about it, guess he had a ticket quota to meet that day.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
139K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93
Old 06 Jan 2017, 11:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

We don't have a citation quota per say, but they do want deputies to make stops on a regular basis. It's up to the officer if they should write a citation.

In layman's terms, there could be 200 stops in a month and only 5 citations written and that's ok. Can't speak for other agencies, only Citrus County Florida. I do know if Highway Patrol is called for a crash on a state highway, somebody will be cited.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com

Last edited by CREWZIN; 06 Jan 2017 at 11:48 am.
Old 06 Jan 2017, 11:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
We don't have a citation quota per say, but they do want deputies to make stops on a regular basis. It's up to the officer if they should write a citation.

In layman's terms, there could be 200 stops in a month and only 5 citations written and that's ok. Can't speak for other agencies, only Citrus County Florida. I do know if Highway Patrol is called for a crash on a state highway, somebody will be cited.
In my area, they have quotas, see below story for 9 officers that recently are no longer officers:

Arlington fires 9 police officers over falsified traffic stop numbers | The Star-Telegram

What's ironic is, the city where I got cited from, is the same city where these officers were recently fired from.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
139K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 06 Jan 2017 at 12:42 pm.
Old 07 Jan 2017, 10:37 am
Cool Cruiser

They are called nipples for whatever purpose they serve or how they look.....LOL