PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 interchangeable front bumper?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob302

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2017, 03:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2001 interchangeable front bumper?

Hey people!
I have an 01 cruiser that's missing a front bumper. My question is: are 01-04 bumpers interchangeable? Thanks, guys!
Old 14 Feb 2017, 06:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 interchangeable front bumper?

Click here: Secrets of the PT Cruiser
ptprice likes this.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 06:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 interchangeable front bumper?

They're interchangeable as far as fit. The earlier first generation were smooth and the later were indented. As a guide towards originality, match the front bumper cover with one that conforms to your rear bumper design.

SOOO BIG, being a 2005 originally had indented bumper covers so I stayed with that when I replaced the front bumper cover. Also it still matches the back bumper cover.

The small insert photo is a toothless SOOO BIG without his front bumper cover during reincarnation.

I changed to a standard bumper cover and grill for a cost advantage.

SOOO BIG's original damaged front bumper cover and grill were the factory Chrome addition. Very expensive to replace. Using the standard front bumper cover and grill with an after market chrome grill cover saved a bunch of change.

As the original grill wasn't damaged I was able to get it to another PT Cruiser Forum member as a replacement for his damaged grill.

Another plus, I like the more massive look of the aftermarket chrome grill covers.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 002 reduced_NEW.jpg

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 009 reduced_NEW.jpg SOO BIG's repair, front view.jpg
2.4 Cyl. DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. W/Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans., 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-Up Torque Converter, 16 X 6 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring Tires, Touring Suspension.
Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, 3/8" Belt Trim, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Tail Lights, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moonroof, Fog and Back Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats. Driver's Seat Power Height Adjust, Dual Front Under Seat Storage Drawers. Full Length Floor Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass console, Rear Shelf, AM/FM CD GPS Nav. Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back Up Camera w/Monitor.