PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hit a deer...thinking now about a bull bar type setup

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2017, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Lightbulb Hit a deer...thinking now about a bull bar type setup

Anyone seen a pt cruiser without the bumper cover and some type of bull bar attached?
podo2000 likes this.
Old 02 Mar 2017, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hit a deer...thinking now about a bull bar type setup

First, did you keep the deer? Nothing helps alleviate the pain of a smashed in grill like a freezer full of free meat.

rockandroller likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 02 Mar 2017 at 09:57 pm.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 10:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

DEER tenderloin or flank strap or what ever you all call that strip of meat that runs down the back bone throw it in a crock pot with some brown gravy onions garlic seasoning and simmer that bad boy serve it open face on some home made bread wow Nitro might eat that
Old 03 Mar 2017, 10:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

No, Nitro wouldn't eat that, but I sure as hell would. I'd love to see a PT with a bull bar on it. That would be cool!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 10:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
No, Nitro wouldn't eat that, but I sure as hell would. I'd love to see a PT with a bull bar on it. That would be cool!
yep you are probably right about Nitro think Handy would????
NitroPT likes this.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
DEER tenderloin or flank strap or what ever you all call that strip of meat that runs down the back bone throw it in a crock pot with some brown gravy onions garlic seasoning and simmer that bad boy serve it open face on some home made bread wow Nitro might eat that
Here in Arkansas we call that the "sweet meat". Often we cut that out and give it to my wife's brother since the land we usually hunt on is considered his. We call it the sweet meat tax.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 11:17 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Here's a photo of SOOO BIG during his reincarnation showing you that "toothless no bumper cover look". Not a pretty sight. If your goin' for that certain "look" I don't think bull bars are the way to go at all. How 'bout a discount 2"X12" pressure treated board and six 24" vertical white plastic plumbing pipes mounted behind the board as a grill to hold fishing rods? Now there's a look! Aerodynamic, rugged, bull (et) proof, a place to mount the antlers and utilitarian too!

Happy Ptin', ptprice

SOO BIG's repair, front view.jpg

Bull bar's not the way to go. No room for the antlers or fishing rods. Go for the 2"X12" board and PVC pipes!

bull bar.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 04 Mar 2017 at 08:30 am.
Old 03 Mar 2017, 09:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have "tagged" 4 hooved rats (my name for deer) with my 2 PTs. Only 2 were in the front, the other 2 hit me - one in passenger door, other on driver's door.
I think the solution is an old pickup truck with a snowplow - and when you see a deer, downshift and gun it!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Mar 2017, 09:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

My son Steve was motoring out of the GE Jet engine plant a year ago and a deer jumped out in front of his Harley. The bike was total and the deer was sirloin but Steve managed to keep the bike up. It's known that deer populate that area and he always drove through there accordingly but in what might be considered a suicidal leap that deer just had to drape itself on the Harley windscreen.

Before this happened I was always of the opinion that careful, alert driving could prevent mobile encounters with deer. I was wrong. The natural habitat of deer has been so disarranged by the sprawl of humanity that we now blame the deer for every encounter and come up with cute euphemistic names for the critters to justify this shift in responsibility!

I was wrong in suggesting a 2" X 12" board. It wont do and a bull bar wont do either. We have to get serious about his. Something to protect our PTs and humanely sweep the deer aside.

I think there's a need to construct something along the lines of a COW CATCHER as we saw on early steam engines as they plowed through buffalo herds and the occasional steer on the track. I think in most cases the COW CATCHER was humane. Because of the pitch and angle of the devise it ceremoniously swept the offending critter aside to live and tell the tale another day. Now I'm just guessing 'cause I've never seen a COW CATCHER in action but inquiring minds want to know!

A short internet search came up with this perfect and stylish add on for your PT!

Happy PTin', ptprice
cow catcher.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 04 Mar 2017 at 10:49 am.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 12:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default here's my thinking now

either a prowler style split bumper
112698_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

B693A8CB-10B7-4316-BA6D-74431A16F533_2.jpg

or police style bull bar
wing-wraps-doge-charger.jpg