PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I got new tail lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to VellianPT
Default I got new tail lights

anyoen have these? and how easy is install?
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:37 am
Senior Cruiser

I've got those. Installing aftermarket tail lights is stupid easy! One screw at the bottom and they just lift out. Light bulb housings just twist out of the originals and twist into the new ones. One thing to keep in mind is that you no longer have the yellow (amber) lens on these so you'll need to pop into your local autoparts store to replace the clear turn signal bulbs with yellow (amber) bulbs. Or prepare to get acquainted with Johnny Law next time he sees signal for turn with white turn signals.......a no-no almost everywhere.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

I've got those. Installing aftermarket tail lights is stupid easy! One screw at the bottom and they just lift out. Light bulb housings just twist out of the originals and twist into the new ones. One thing to keep in mind is that you no longer have the yellow (amber) lens on these so you'll need to pop into your local autoparts store to replace the clear turn signal bulbs with yellow (amber) bulbs. Or prepare to get acquainted with Johnny Law next time he sees signal for turn with white turn signals.......a no-no almost everywhere.
Yeah, I have those also and replaced the clear lamp with a Chromax Arctic yellow lamp from www.midnightmoose.com It is a silver coated lamp that illuminates yellow. They look great and are plenty bright....
Old 01 Jul 2004, 01:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sylvania also makes the SilverStar in a turn signal bulb (3157 for the rear of the PT). Looks good. Silver blue look off, amber on.
http://www.sylvania.com/auto/sssignal.htm

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 09:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

Perosnally, I don't care for those too much.

I think it is APC who has a pair I like. They're rounded and stick out. Anyways, while on a trip I saw them on a Pt Cruiser. They were chrome and looked awful. I would get the black (My car is black) which I think would look much better. However, since they cost almost $200 I'm not even going to bother. I'm saving up for a new engine for my other car and can't waste the money on tail lights. But, if I did come across a pair for cheap, I'd buy them.

But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 02 Jul 2004, 08:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to VellianPT

the ones i got cost 74 shipped from ebay the gen 3 apcs were 100 plus shipping but too many cruisers here have them none have these so i got them

I have a 2001 PT cruiser Limited Edition. AKA the Pregnant Snowball For Sale also ask for details