Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what's your opinion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2004, 09:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default what's your opinion?

Just bought my 2003 PT Cruiser Touring Edition on Friday....WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! I know it's not as hot as some of those Turrrrbos and GTs and convertibles, but dang, I look good in it!

Tell me y'all, what's your opinion of the "peel'n'stick" spears and grill options out there? Does it end up peeling right back off, or is it a good look?
Old 01 Jul 2004, 10:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If you clean the areas and use the adhesive promoter, the parts will stay on and in place for years and years. And congrats on your new PT...[^][?][8)]...it's a fun car no matter what's under the hood.
Old 02 Jul 2004, 08:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree with Sci-Fi (as usual). An inexpensive way to personalize. Also, go to StreamlineDesign.Com - they offer a kit of black vinyl pieces that you stick onto the vertical bars of the grill that will make them visually disappear and really highlight the chrome horizontal strips.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Jul 2004, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the spear covers for about 15 months look great never have had a problem except when someone tryed to remove one and cracked it but its hard to tell, I like them!

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 02 Jul 2004, 06:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

also see this thread http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=8905 [8D]
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Im also a proud owner of a 2k3 Touring. IMHO Were the ones that have the one up! our cars are an excellent launching pad for some great mods, we dont have to worry about messing up factory options like the sunroof etc! and dont let those GT people look down on you. With some simple mods you can make that little 2.4 go!

(step 1: get a k&N dropin filter. $50)
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 04 Jul 2004, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, everyone, I'm appreciative of the advice! And I am loving this car. It's the perfect combination of sporty and practical. Also has the head and leg room necessary for a tall type like me.

I can't wait to add a few touches to it. After all, you know what they said in Steel Magnolias: "What separates us from the beasts is the ability to accessorize!"