PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrome Inserts Available??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2004, 12:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptdreamer
Default Chrome Inserts Available??

I stumbled across this forum a few months ago and there is a lot of info out there. - I'm hoping to tap into some right now...

I've got an 04 dream cruiser and my dad just got his 05 GT convert, inferno red, with the taupe interior/top. It just screams 'chrome-me'

I thought a set of bumper inserts would look really sharp, but everything I've seen is shown on the 'bumperette' style bumpers, not the 'smoothie' style on both our cruisers.

Does anyone know if the inserts would look right on a front bumper without the indents?? It seems like they would protrude forward of the bumper too much.
Any suggestions, help, greatly appreciated. Thnx.[:I]
Old 15 Jul 2004, 03:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum,[^] ptdreamer, sorry I can't answer your question, but keep checking for a answer.
Old 15 Jul 2004, 04:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you are willing to possibly loose a few bucks you could always buy them and just hold them on the bumper (don't peel the tape backing and try not to destroy the package it came in). Probably the only way you would be able to see it. Just make sure that they can be returned and no re-stocking fee. You would be out shipping expenses but then again you just might keep them[?]
Old 15 Jul 2004, 05:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

How about the E&G front chrome bumper? I think they look really cool. Race & Street had them cheaper than other places when I was considering getting one (ended up getting crusher).
Old 16 Jul 2004, 12:41 am
Young Cruiser

Here are some pics of my mothers Cruiser, she has the chrome trim I think you are talking about on her 03 GT. (she has a lot of chrome!!) My 04 on the other hand tends more toward the basic black side! They don't look too bad on there, they stick out a little bit, but nothing reall obtrusive....
pic 1:

pic 2:

pic 3:

And a shot with my 04 GT in the background!!

Hope this helps!

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 16 Jul 2004, 10:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Harry, I like the chrome on your mom's car. What kind of kit is on the front grill?
Old 16 Jul 2004, 11:18 am
Young Cruiser

That was one of those extruded chrome kits that comes in pieces and you stick each one on their individually. I forget the manufacturer, I'll ask her later and post here. Its the same basic stuff as the belt line. Looks pretty good, and it's held up now for almost a year, wih now visible wear. Took her about 3 hours to put on tho! lol, she's a bit anal when it comes to her Cruiser....(ain't we all?)

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 16 Jul 2004, 02:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Harry - Your Mom's car looks great. Love the License plate chrome insert and have wanted one for a while but damn, $119 is a lot. (Some day I guess) - Lou

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 16 Jul 2004, 02:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptdreamer

Harry, does your mom's GT have the indents on the front bumper or is it smooth?? [8D]
<font color=\"blue\">\'04 Dream #765 - KN Drop-in, Mopar/Borla Dual Exhaust, Fuzzy Dice, Chrome dice vent knobs... </font id=\"blue\">

Old 16 Jul 2004, 03:03 pm
Young Cruiser

These look great on the rear on the DC3, but you've got to have a real steady hand and a good eye to line them up on the smooth front bumper. And they do stick out a bit since there's no recessing indent, which means that car wash strings, grass blades, and anything else blowing in the breeze can get caught on them. I've seen a couple of people who use them on the painted smooth bumpers, and they looked OK. I put them on the back of both my DC1 and now my DC3 and love them, but left the front one's off, which would be my recommendation to you. You can buy just the rear one's, without having to get the full kit and sell off the front one's.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/578198
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/DreamWeaver/