PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What Brake Caliper Color?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2004, 11:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default What Brake Caliper Color?

Gamg,

Hi. Check out my Cruiser on my signature link and tell me.......what color should I paint the calipers?

Thanks.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 11:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Probably blue or purple. But, if you really want them to look sharp, paint them SEAMIST GREEN!!! [8D]
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:18 am
Senior Cruiser

That, like all mods, is a personal thing. Do you want bold and mild? I have an electric blue with red calipers and just love the look. While others think its too much and would prefer blue or a black/gray. Just look at some of the expensive cars like corvettes, porsches and so on. They usually come with a bold statement. Its totally up to you.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:49 am
Cool Cruiser

I like the red, you got more photos of those?

Thanks.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:52 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

That, like all mods, is a personal thing...Just look at some of the expensive cars like corvettes, porsches and so on. They usually come with a bold statement. Its totally up to you.
IMHO (for what it's worth [8]), BOLD is good--go for it!!! [8D] [?]
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:12 am
Senior Cruiser

Gary04GT, hey, I always enjoy your opinon, not. Just kidding I'm just wondering why your up at 11PM and on the boards at 6AM the next day. If your up at 6AM aren't you suppose to be fishing? Anyway, its always fun to read your posts![?]
Amazingarthur, just started my workday so it will be awhile before I can take any additional pictures but I'll be more then happy to do so, it just won't be until tonight. I used G2 which cost in the neighborhood of $40-45. Very good stuff. Do a search on "G2". A few here have used it. Then again a few here have used other products that were less expensive and apparently have had very good results.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:57 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

Gary04GT I'm just wondering why your up at 11PM and on the boards at 6AM the next day. If your up at 6AM aren't you suppose to be fishing? Anyway, its always fun to read your posts...
Hey, bigdogdad, you need to remember that the days are LONG in the beautiful Pacific Northwest--it was still light outside after 10pm last night. It is usually light outside before 5am this time of year when my Black Labrador Retriever wants to go out to hunt for rabbits. It's great country here and there is no time for one to "sleep his life away" by going to bed early--besides, [u]us young guys don't require much sleep</u>! [8] However, I realize that you, CREWZIN, Hooligan, and the other elderly people living in Florida NEED your REST! Regards. [^] [?] [8]
Old 19 Jul 2004, 01:21 pm
Young Cruiser

First off, nice cruiser! Looks great! If it were mine, I would paint the calipers black. Just let them fade into the background. I wouldn't want a bright set of calipers sticking through those nice wheels detracting from the overall look of such a nice cruiser. If you do them black, they'll still be custom, but not ostentatious. It will cover the rust but not take anything away from the wheels....
Just my 2 cents......

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 19 Jul 2004, 01:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Gary04GT

Just how far up north Washington State do you live? As a kid I lived in Tacoma and don't really recall those light situations. You must be fairly far north? Also I know, Washington State is beautiful country.[?]
Old 19 Jul 2004, 02:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:

Gary04GT
Just how far up north Washington State do you live?...Washington State is beautiful country.[?]
I live in the "land of the midnight sun"--well, not really, but close. But, living an hour or so north of Seattle makes a difference when compared to Tacoma--summer days are longer here. Also, where I live (northwest of Marysville) we have a good view of Mount Baker...

[^] [8D]