Advertisements
Dream Cruiser 2005 Replace Bumpers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2019, 08:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dream Cruiser 2005 Replace Bumpers

I have a lava red 2005 Dream Cruiser, and both the front and rear bumpers need to be replaced. Can someone please direct me to where I might be able to purchase new bumpers of that color?

Thanks in advance,

HLeyes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j_Dream Cruiser 2005.jpg (47.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 05 Jul 2019, 10:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dream Cruiser 2005 Replace Bumpers

The silver convertible PT you see in my footer was basically salvage when I bought it. The front bumper cover was gone. I bought a new replacement pre-painted from a seller on eBay. The color match is very good and the paint job and quality of the bumper cover are very nice.

If me, I would go onto eBay and shop for new pre-painted bumpers for a seller with great feedback. The color you need may not be offered but I would contact them to see if they could do it. Many of them can do more colors. Expect to spend around $500 to $600 for both front and back bumper covers including shipping. This is likely the best "bang for you buck". It's likely going to cost a more if you purchase unpainted pieces and then have them painted.

If you cannot afford this, the cheapest answer is to find a PT at a salvage yard that's already the same color as your PT. The problem is that the 2005 DC is an almost unique color. I believe there were a few other 2005 and newer PT's in this color. But they are likely very rare. You might find some nice salvage bumper covers that are not the right color and then have them painted by a local shop. That's likely a fairly cheap option as well. Where I live, the two salvage covers together would likely run $100 or less and the paint would likely run about $300 to $400.

There is something else to consider. Your original front bumper cover is sort of rare. It has a smooth bumper with no divots and it likely has a removable lower grill. I can't be sure because there is quite a bit of variation in these even amoung the same models. Besides the 2005 DC, this grill with the removable lower grill was mainly used on 2004 and 2005 turbo PT's that came with the "silver/chrome option" that included a chrome grill, side spears, door pull, steering wheel insert and chrome gas door. But you can use a different bumper cover from almost any other 2001 thru 2005 PT if you want to. The most general rule is that turbo PT's have the smooth bumper and non-turbos have the bumper with divots. But they are almost all interchangeable on the 1st Gen PT's. I'll post some photos of the different bumpers below:

Different DC bumpers

Turbo vs. Non-turbo bumpers

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 05 Jul 2019 at 10:20 am.
Old 05 Jul 2019, 12:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Dream Cruiser 2005 Replace Bumpers

I can't help you, but would like to say that's a damned good looking PT!!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.