Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
chrome bumper covers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2003, 03:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default chrome bumper covers

...contemplating adding the chrome bumper covers to my GT...I notice several designs. Has anyone used any of these? Some say 'polished stainless' and others say 'bumper quality steel' then chromed...I am not concerned about addition safety, I don't think that is the design intention. My concern is are they all the same manufacture materials and are they thick enough to not dent with every bug that hits it...if they aren't we might as well just use tin foil...any experiences with these?

Inferno red GT/R-package/heated seats/rear wing/5-speed
Old 17 Feb 2003, 05:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

First of all I'm not sure they will fit your Gt because your bumper cover isn't the same as other PT's. I had a set and sent them back. There is a Plastic with a polished Stainless insert from E & G and Chrome steel covers from PT Woody witch is the ones I had.. They are nice but they are about 1/8 inch thick of maybe even less They are for looks only and would dent very easy. If you like the look go for it but don't get the impression that you will have more protection.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 07:41 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

grouch is correct, you can only put them on the rear, notice on the back you have recessed area in the bumper section, you don't in the front, the earlier cars, had recess both front and rear/

Old 20 Feb 2003, 02:59 am
Young Cruiser

...I am talking about the new 'PT Woody' chrome covers for the new GT Turbo...they are supposed to be 1/8" thick and triple chromed with a 3 year warranty. From what I can tell they look like factory and are for front and rear...just wondering if anyone has bought any? Revell has them for $675..

Inferno red GT/R-package/heated seats/rear wing/5-speed
Old 20 Feb 2003, 07:53 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Oh, yes those are different from the covers I was thinking about which sell for around 100 bucks, I'll have to check them out.

Old 23 Feb 2003, 01:48 am
Senior Cruiser

I got my stick on bumper inserts from Ebay and I could not resist cause they were only $10 delivered. They fit on the far edge pretty good but they have a beveled edge that fits the other cars indentation, but my GT don't have the indentation so it looks kind of unfinished. Looking for the backs as cheap as I got the fronts. These are pretty thick extruded chrome ones that stick on with 3M double sided tape which appears plenty strong and easy to put on.

03 GT, Beltline Pinstripe, K&N Drop In Air Filter, Interior Air Filter, Locking Gas Cap, Racing Pedals, Hood Struts,Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat, Billet Oil Cap, Chrome Valve Caps, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Front bumper Inserts, and Rear Splash Guards.