Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2004, 11:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need advice

Hey guys I want to do a paint job on my car to make it stick out a little bit. Right now its black with vinyl flames on it(which am going to strip up). What I want to do is have the top half of the car red with the bottom half of the car black. I've seen this two tone done two different ways. One where you just paint everything above the beltline and the hood OR paint your grill and part of the fender and have it spread out. I do not have a Full front grill nor can I afford one within the next few months. So my plan was to paint the matte black bumper to a gloss black and paint the bottom of the grill red and have it spread out. But am not sure if with the bumper it will look good. Here's a link to the type of paint job I want.

Also I bought my car with vinyl on them, I believe their factory flames so they've been on for about 36,000 miles. Anyone know if am going to have to repaint?

http://www.pteazer.com/images/custom...ustcars106.jpg
Old 09 Aug 2004, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's a red/black the opposite of what you'll have - skipping the grille makes it easier, and still looks sharp - you can add chrome strips to the grille cheaply....
Hey, you asked for advice....[:I]
http://ptcw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery...&album=1&pos=2

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Aug 2004, 03:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jmack

Hmmm..thats nice...Black on top and White on the bottom sounds nice too. How much does a paint job usually cost?
Old 09 Aug 2004, 06:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quick that does look good, and I might just go with it. Getting some price qoutes now on paint.
Old 09 Aug 2004, 06:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Here is what mine looks like for reference:

BigPhil