Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bright white bulbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Bright white bulbs

Can someone tell me if it is worth putting in the bright white bulbs to replace factory ones, I was going to wait til I had one burn out, but it hasn't happened yet. would I see a difference.? Have heard they might burn out the casings in the headlamp, any thoughts? Gary
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

I replaced both the headlights (low beams only) and the fog lights with the ultra white bulbs. If you stick with the 55 watt bulbs then there's no chance of melting anything. Is there a difference..not in distance, but the white lights put out a different kind of light that seems to make everything brighter. The normal bulbs look almost yellow/dull compared to the new bulbs. At first I only did the headlights and not the fogs. What a difference between the two, so I went and bought the fogs (from Wal-Mart) to make them all bright white.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

Gary,
Same here, I purchased mine on ebay and it think I really got a deal. A pair of 9006xsst (low beams)for $15.00 plus shipping. That to me is really inexpensive as opposed to $19.95 per bulb or $36.00 a per at an auto store
Old 27 Sep 2004, 01:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Gary,

I like my Silverstars for low beams and fog lights. The whiter light increases vision. I haven't had any melting problems. I'm surprised by the melting concerns with the Silverstars since Chrysler recommends them as an upgrade on their website.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 27 Sep 2004, 01:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

I use zenon 80watt in all three front bulbs, for two years now Never had a problem but they have a slight blue tint to them,and their nice and bright

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 27 Sep 2004, 02:39 pm
Young Cruiser

I put the 80 watt xenon in the low beam and 100 watt xenon in the high beam and loved it very much. One day I had a bulb go out. Now I have read that some bulbs go out quick because they may have gotten touched while being installed, which could have easily happened. So I put the stock bulbs back in and it was still out. Next on my list was the fuses. All of them check out to be good. So I looked at the wireing and when I pulled the bulb out, I noticed that the socket was begining to melt. To much wattage for the socket. So I ordered the 55 watt xenon bulbs and installed them after I replaced the burt out socket. I don't drive to much at night, but I did install a day time running light modual. So beware of how much you are willing to put into brighter lights. I would still go with 80 watts if I knew my system could handle it.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks guys, one more question, I also see the blue white bulbs, which ones do I want/ white/white or blue white? Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

I did the bright white
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Bright white usually has an almost unoticeable blue tint. I sold my silverstars after a week. They were barely whiter than stock. I want white! I went the ebay route as well...

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 08:50 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Sakigt, which brand did you get on e bay?
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips