Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'Candy Apple' tail lights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2004, 10:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default 'Candy Apple' tail lights?

Really like the look of the OEM tail lights, but done all red (no amber). I think they call it 'Candy Apple'. I saw an ad in the newest issue of 'CRUISER' quarterly from 'SURF CITY CRUISER.COM' page 69, but their site is down! Any other ideas where I can get these? Thanks!
Old 05 Oct 2004, 10:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Contact Pineapple. He does them

magicpineapple@comcast.net

Old 06 Oct 2004, 12:49 am
Young Cruiser

There's a fairly cheap way to do it yourself. Use a red "stained glass" paint that you should be able to pick up at any art supply store. Remove your tailights and first wash them and if you want use a very light wet/dry sandpaper. Then spray two to three coats of the red stained glass paint on the outside of your lights and then a couple coats of clear. And that's all it takes. I painted mine over three years ago (for around the cost of $10) and they still look great. Here's a couple of pictures.
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/i..._record=1#main
Old 06 Oct 2004, 12:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's what I did.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 06 Oct 2004, 02:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Jerry,
Thats a sweet cruiser. Do you remember the exhaust you put on it?
Old 06 Oct 2004, 02:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Grouch,
How much does he charge? Do you know?
Old 06 Oct 2004, 09:16 pm
Young Cruiser

The cat back exhaust was custom built by my local hot rod shop using Magnaflow mufflers. http://www.magnaflow.com/01home.htm I also have installed an E-cutout for when I want a little extra HP and for the Cruiser to be really sound loud. With the E-Cutout open the car sounds more like a V8 than a four banger.
Old 07 Oct 2004, 01:04 am
Cool Cruiser

please explain the e cutout
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 11 Oct 2004, 09:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jerry,

I have not found "spray paint" for glass at the hobby shops here. Are you using a spray can? If so what brand so I can order. When I ask for the spray I just get blank looks. Or my e-mail is Jackatg450@bellsouth.com.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 10:25 pm
Young Cruiser

Sorry guys, I was out of town a couple of days so I'll answer both questions with one post.

E-Cutout - The e-cutout is like the old dumptubes on hotrods but is open and shut by a switch on the dashboard or console that activates an electric motor.Here's the URL to the web site where I bought mine from. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...oduct_list&c=3
The cutout is installed just back of the catalytic converter and basically allows you to run straight exhaust when you want to with just hitting the switch. Only a slight HP gain on the PT but a very cool sound.

Paint - The paint I used was by Krylon and is called "Stained Glass". Here's the URL for Krylon and this specific paint. http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details. It comes in quite a few colors so I used the red on my tailights and purple on some of my interior lights. Really cool paint and heat does not seem to effect it. I've even used it on outdoor spotlights at Christmas time.