Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
XENON front ends?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jan 2005, 05:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default XENON front ends?

Even though it's Winter outside, I just can't stop thinkin about Spring! Last year I did the XENON rear bumper cover. Had it painted and did the install myself (very, very, nice fit!).This Spring I want to do the XENON front, Can't decide on the 'Briser' or 'Crusher'. I've been told they are both bumper covers, and fit over the stock bumper. Can someone who has either one tell me if this is true! I seam to like the 'Crusher' better since I can use my stock fog lights.
Old 08 Jan 2005, 05:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

The Bruiser fits over the factory bumper.
The Crusher I was told replaces the stock front.

Which rear do you get? I have always liked the flush rear with the vertical reverse lights. I hoped to one day get it but, I have many dreams that won't come true.
Old 09 Jan 2005, 12:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The Bruiser slaps onto the existing bumper cover you have. It was what I really wanted until I saw one installed, I thought it was obvious that it was a slap on, but it might just have been a lousy install job. Nevertheless, once I saw one on a PT, I was so discouraged I went to the Crusher.

I bought my Crusher from Maggie at Race and Street in PA. I drove up to an installer she directed me to - she had shipped it to the installer who painted it before I got there. With the Crusher, they remove your bumper cover and install the Crusher. It was a perfect fit and painted to match perfectly without even looking at my car.

I arrived around 8am, walked to a restaurant with my family two blocks away, and when I returned from breakfast it was ready to go, just an hour later.

I love my Crusher, although the bottom has hit a steep incline twice. Only the bottom is scuffed up, not visible unless you have the car up.

Check out my profile for cardomain link to more pics.
Old 09 Jan 2005, 11:09 am
Regular Cruiser

Although it does not look like it the crusher has the same ground clearance as your stock facia with the black air dam pc on the bottom. It looks lower because of the design. I did check this before and after the install of the crusher.[:I] Jeff is correct in that the Crusher replaces the front facia and the Bruzer installs over the facia.