Advertisements
Hookin' up LED's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2005, 02:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Hookin' up LED's

Hey ya'll,

[:I]

Before I crawl under my 2003 PT Ltd Ed, can any of you tell me just exactly where you found a spot to fish the wiring through to the interior of the car? I bought a green LED kit, legal in Ohio, so it seems, and I plan on installing them myself, if I can, without too much drilling and cuttin!

Thanks
Old 26 Jan 2005, 02:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

When I installed my girlfriend's LEDs, I ran the wiring through the steering column boots. There is an inner and outer, and they are big enough to be able to slip back in place with the wires under the edge. We live in So. Cal., with nice weather. It may not be the best solution for North Dakota. If you have an Auto, it might be better to remove the clutch block-off plate and drill a hole. The wires must be tied up very well, and make sure the areas where people may use a jack or hoist are clear.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 26 Jan 2005, 07:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

If its a auto trans, there is a plug where the clutch rod would have run throught the firewall. Works well....
Old 26 Jan 2005, 09:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Some have reported back that they used the gromet that the hood release goes through. There is room for a wire or two to get through.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 12:21 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks, that'll give me some options to look for.

It is an automatic, so hopefully I can find that plug for the clutch. Should be in a nice spot! I hope it's big enough, the plug is flat and about an inch wide on the end of the cable. If I have to, I can cut the cable and splice it back together on the inside.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 06:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I used the clutch hole plate to run the wires thru and then used silicone caulk to seal it. It was a Bit-- to get out without droping it in the engine compartment, I used a magnet to remove it and then reinstall it.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 08:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Bumper Bob, if you can't get a big enough hole (you can), spend the money at Radio Shack or wherever to get the terminal removal tool. Map the location of each wire and remove them from the connector. It may take longer, but it will last longer, too! Splicing is the No. 1 cause of failures!

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper