PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Flexible undercar lighting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2005, 04:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Flexible undercar lighting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33713

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am looking in to options for undercar lighting. Is this basically like "rope" light.

-Andy

Old 24 Feb 2005, 05:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Looks pretty cool. Like the fact you can bend it and lots of color options.

http://ptcw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=3466
Old 28 Feb 2005, 09:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

This kit has been discussed on other lighting forums;it's nothing more than a rope light. If it looks to good to be true....
Old 28 Feb 2005, 10:43 am
Young Cruiser

Well, I am going to try it out. Even if it is "rope light" I have had some for my house and it is pretty bright. I also like the remote feature so I wont have to put it a switch or drill any holes in the interior. I will keep you updated.

-Andy

P.S. Tinker - would you happen to have a link to the "rope light" discussion. I am just curious. I could not find much. Thanks

2005 Show Schedule
Cruisers @ Daytona IV - May 6,7,8
Cruise the Alley IV - May 20, 21
Meet Me in St. Louis on Route 66 - July 22-24
Many local shows!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 04:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry don't have the links handy. You can search the forums at www.iceled.co.uk for some of the info. A lot of our pictures were hijacked by EuroEffects and used on their site and Ebay auctions (which have now been removed). AS long as you are only expecting $89 worth of light you might be happy..if you're expecting $400 worth of light for $89 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.( I'd like to clarify this as not being a "shot" about buying inexpensive products, but rather a warning about a misleading company. )

you can see my Album here: http://www.iceled.co.uk/area51/album...hp?user_id=228
http://members5.clubphoto.com/gabe89...r-79ba-1.phtml

Just found a thread at another forum:
http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic545...t-euro+effects
Old 28 Feb 2005, 06:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the links Tinker. I appreciate your help. My comments below are not at all directed at you. It is just something that I need to get off my chest. Please do not take offense.

I have been online for a while now. Every topic you can think of has forum. For an example, I am interested in Home Theaters, digital photography, computers, cars etc. You can find at least one forum for each of them. On every one of the forums you can find the "elites", that have to have the best of everything. If it is not the absolute best then it is junk. Sometimes those differences are worth the extra money and having the information is priceless. So I guess what I am trying to get at is sometimes I feel that I do not need the best. I know that might sound strange. But since I am not a "professional" show car person (whatever that is called), I can "get by" with a lesser quality product. I just wanted some lights to play with from time to time.

-Andy

2005 Show Schedule
Cruisers @ Daytona IV - May 6,7,8
Cruise the Alley IV - May 20, 21
Meet Me in St. Louis on Route 66 - July 22-24
Many local shows!
Old 28 Feb 2005, 07:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No offense taken[^]. There are quite a few inexpensive kits out there that are quite nice. Plasmaglow, StreetGlow, FlowLighting, Varad to name a few. Starting @ about $125 from a legit dealer; some better deals can definitely be found on these on Ebay from time to time. It always pays to ask questions and once you sift through all the answers you usaully end up with more questions.[:I] Feel free to PM or email me if you have particular questions on a particular item.
Best advice I have is to talk with who ever you're going to buy from. The most important thing would be handling of warranty since LEDs (or any undercar lighting) can be problematic reguardless of price. Oh and I do own a rope light, paid $9.99 for it in Spencers and it's never failed.
Old 01 Mar 2005, 07:04 am
Young Cruiser

I have bought some rope light before and I didn't like it. It was very dim. This light looks to be brighter, but I still think its too dim to go under the car. Try the link that I posted. I bought these neons to put under my car and loved them!! I moved to germany and because I am military I had to take them off, its a long story. Just watch the color that you buy. Certain colors are illegal to have on while driving in certain states. I had blue, illegal everywhere except while parked. The lights are just for show. The fines are pretty heavy if you get caught driving with them on.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/undercarkits.html
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.