Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Air Deflector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2005, 07:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear Air Deflector

Has anyone tried one of the Rear Air Deflectors (not a spoiler) that are designed to help keep the rear clear of dirt by shooting air down the rear of the cruiser? If you have tried one on your PT Cruiser, did it seem to help?
I know that on some square back vehicles (vans, SUVs, SWs, etc.) they seem to work pretty well, while on others they don't.
Thanx,
Andy
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Haven't seen any posts on any of the 6 or so PT forums I'm on. Thoughts I have - spoiler, by redirecting airflow, ought to help, and 2) the deflectors I've seen on vans & such always remind me of the term "air brake" - like sticking the palm of your hand out a window flat against the wind at 80 MPH....[:0]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I've had the Mopar deflector on my Cruiser for about 2 yrs. now....Works fine in the rain...the rear window stays dry. Stay away from the Lund deflector tho.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by papaw

I've had the Mopar deflector on my Cruiser for about 2 yrs. now....Works fine in the rain...the rear window stays dry. Stay away from the Lund deflector tho.
Thanx for your post. This is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Is yours like the one on the PT Cruiser - Mopar Accessories Website? Do you notice any additional wind noise or air drag?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I've noticed no air drag.....the mounts have stayed snug, so I guess that would mean there's not too much drag. I haven't checked the Mopar site, but to describe it .....smoke colored, single "wing",two mounts. A pattern is included with the item showing you where to drill the holes. (that's the scary part!)I went to the dealer; purchased it, and had them install it. That way, if it gets screwed up, it's their fault!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

and no wind noise![?]
Old 21 Mar 2005, 06:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by papaw

and no wind noise![?]
Thanx Papaw. That sounds like exactly what I intend... to order it via the dealer and let them do the install.