Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vertical doors??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2005, 08:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Vertical doors??

just ordered my vert. door kit, any advice on how hard the install is would be appreciated , thanks in advance
Old 12 May 2005, 08:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Install really varies, depending on the kit. I've looked, and the kits at $900-1500 say you are on your own, and that welding and cutting should be expected. There are true specfic bolt-in kits (with fine print that says the inner fender requires modifying) for around $2000. I decided that for that kind of money, I'd air bag mine. I'm also kinda tall, and didn't want the limited access. Call the tech line for the kit and ask them. I'd do this on any big-buck mod BEFORE paying. After sale service is something to take into consideration when shopping.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 13 May 2005, 11:24 am
Senior Cruiser

Get ready for lots of attention when you get in and out at Wal-Mart.[8]
Old 16 May 2005, 06:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have them and I love them. If you ordered the ones that vertical doors made then they are a true bolt on application. There are no instructions on how to in stall them but here are a few tips that will help you with you install.

1) Do not do this by yourself. Have a friend help.
2) The parts that must come off are the grill, black plastic liner under the fender, headlight assembly, wheel (for easy access) and finally the fender.
3) Do not remove the door!
4) The headlight assembly was hard to remove. Tilt it up as you pull it out.
5) The fender has to brackets that must be cut off before the fender can be put back on.
6) Do not cut the wiring harness! Just cut off the rubber boot around it. There is plenty of wire in the door and in the car that you can pull out. Use loom to cover the wires up.
7) Get color matching paint for your car. When you remove the old hinges the area may not be fully painted and it stands out as soon as you lift your doors. I suggest that you paint this area and the new hinges. The come in black.
8) Take your time in adjusting the alignment before you put the fender back on. You will not be able to do so after the fender is on.
9) After adjusting the door, open the rear door real slow to see if it hits the front door. If it does, more adjusting is needed.

Have fun.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/504007

<b><i>Dream Bruizer DC1 #632</b></i>
Old 16 May 2005, 06:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all that info. i am waiting for my kit to get here.. and i just purchased a sucide kit for the rear doors, gonna be a long summer
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 19 May 2005, 08:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

did you have to remove your front bumper at all???
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

Old 20 May 2005, 01:27 am
Regular Cruiser

No. First remove tire, then black plastic liner in fender well, grill, headlight, then fender.

Old 22 May 2005, 12:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

I am going to cut my fender because i have my side skirts molded onto my car. so instaed of breaking that whole mold cut going to cut the fender . thanks for the help

Old 22 May 2005, 01:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

You can install the verticals doors with out taking off the fender but it will definitely require a little thought. I could do it if I were there with you. Think about you will see what I saying. Good luck and send me some pics.