PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

pinstriping pics requested!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2005, 02:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default pinstriping pics requested!

I have decided to get my pt pinstriped. i would like pics of pinstriped pt's (or any car, really, but especially pt's) to get ideas from. i am particularly interested in striping on the hatch, as well as painted beltlines. i am also planning to get a chrome beltline like the one from pt woody; if anyone has pics of a painted beltline along with one of these, that would be nice too. bring on the pinstriping!!
Old 25 May 2005, 08:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't know if you want to call it pin-striping, but I put some scroll work on the tailgate. Hard to see but I also have a matching color double pinstripe line around the whole car at the beltline.

Closer shot taken a year ago.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 25 May 2005, 08:42 am
Young Cruiser

Stripers' abilities, general styles and such are as varied as can be. Before you chose who to go to, watch all the striping in your area, and check out the signatures to see who did it, or ask the owner of the car. Then go check out their portfolio. Alot of stripers don't have websites. And some guys, like my hubby, may have signs as their main 'thing', but do striping as well. (And pretty darn well if you ask me...! )

The best way to go is to find someone who's work you really like, give them a general idea of what you want, and colors you absolutely hate/love... then let them go with it. Most stripers who have been doing it, and doing it well, for many years, know colors, placement, etc.

In striping, same as signs, everyone generally knows everyone else in the area. Hubby can walk thru a parking lot, and I swear from 30 feet away, tell you who striped what car. Depending on where you're located, I might be able to get you some names to check in to.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:44 am
Young Cruiser

Here is a picture of my 2001 with pinstripes. Not many PTs have pinstripes.

Blk Battery Cover, Mopar Stage 2 coilover kit, BTG Strut Bar, Eibach front and rear Anti-Sway Bar Kit, BOV valve,Magnecor wires, Mopar Dual Exhaust, 235/40/18 Sumitomo HTR Z II tires w/ Konieg Sideways Wheels Chrome Fuel Door Cover and Side Door Spears Covers, Tinted Windows, Blk/Red Coco Mats,