Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Teaser or PTeaser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2005, 08:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Teaser or PTeaser?

A member of our club in Pa. recently purchased an overlay grill from Pteaser. The first one cracked so he bought a second one. The second one cracked in exactly the same place. They replaced the second one only to have the replacement onet crack as well. Speaking to other Pt owners we found another one that cracked in exactly the same spot. Pteaser said it was done by the installer. My friend had the installer call Pteaser and they said there is nothing they can do. They refused to exchange the grill or offer a refund. Anyone else out there having this same problem?
Thanks
Bklynborn1952
Old 01 Jun 2005, 11:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I'm not sure what grille you're talking about. PTeazer doesn't make an "overlay grill." They sell a Retro Full Grille like the one I have.

I haven't had any problems with cracking.[8)]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 02 Jun 2005, 09:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry, it was a retro grill. Did you have the same problem?
Old 02 Jun 2005, 11:48 am
Senior Cruiser

If your friend receives the grills undamaged and they become cracked after installation, that tells me that they are being contorted and stressed into an un-natural shape by the installer.

These grill are well known and used by many without reports of cracking. Three strikes and you're out is the manufacture's stand on this and that seems more than fair to me. Pteaser = 3, installer = 0.

Custom parts often have to be finessed a bit to work best. If a tab won't automaticlly line up with a bolt, maybe a hole needs to be elongated, a bracket bent a bit or something shimmed. What you don't do is force the part into a shape that sure to fail.

Old 02 Jun 2005, 11:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My grille has been on and off several times. I've had no problems with it at all. This is the first that I've heard of such a problem with these grilles. I know many in So. Cal. who have them. All of theirs seem to be just fine. I'd have to blame your installer.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 04 Jun 2005, 12:51 am
Cool Cruiser

UUUHHHH, I wasn't going to speak up but I am now. I had the exact same problem with my retro grille from PTeazer. After a lot of discussion with both PTeazer & the body shop. I got a new grille form the vendor.
Each was pointing fingers at each other

PTeazer says they stand behingd there product & does not ship crap. I will not go into full details but they are taking care of it. I recived my replacemnet grill & it checked out OK. the shop should have it done tomorrow. So I may still be able to get the car ready for the car show on Sunday (gotta work tomorrow)

BTW where was the crack?
Old 06 Jun 2005, 01:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I agree with the others. It sounds like the installer isn't doing it right. Could it also be that the frame on the PT is twisted to cause the misalignment of the grille? [:I]
Old 21 Jun 2005, 03:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to JimPT

Well I Have had PLENTY of problems mwith my install. Maybe in California your roads do not put stress on the Grille but I have also had 2 Surrounds Crack with the AirFlow 22 Grille. Both Cracked at the Ear that attaches to the body of the car. Mhy body shop went as far as building a special bracket to Bolt the Grille to the Cross Fram that you install in place of the Bumper support to take all stress off the ear. I can also say that unlike there BS Video, this setup cannot be installed in one hour and in the case of my car, fits terribly !

They may support the people in California but in my opinion, they have no use for us East Coast people and should just stop selling there product here if this is the support we can expect.