Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pteazer fender flare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2005, 05:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Default pteazer fender flare

Has anybody installed the Pteazer side skirt Euro flare package? Or has anyone installed just the fender flares. I just added 215/50/17 Yokohama AVS ES100 tires and had 6mm spacers installed prior to tire change. My problem is the wheels stick out just slightly and I wanted to get the fender over the wheel again and close up the wheel well. Does anyone know of an alterantive to the Pteazer package because at $1,995.00 I think I'll just remove the spacers to remedy the problem.

Heres the link to what I'm talking about:
http://www.pteazer.com/sideskirt_gallery.html
Old 11 Jun 2005, 01:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TurboCruiser13

Wish I could help ya, but I've been searching for an alternative for quite some time now and I'm not going to pay some astronomical price like that either! If you find anything out there please post it and I'll do the same if anything comes up for you
Old 12 Jun 2005, 06:05 am
Cool Cruiser

This might be an option, Mopar has a OEM fender trim, gives just a little addition to the fender. The picture in the link shows the OEM ground effects package. I'm just wondering what it would look like without the other ground effects. At $399 This might be the way to go. I was also thinking of getting a set of chromed fender trim and painting them black, the color of my PT.

Heres the link:
http://www.ptcruiserclubstore.com/ca...ba33c6d49893e1
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:24 am
Cool Cruiser

There is only one problem with using just the fender lip moulding. Its the ends at the bottom of the fenders. They just stop & are rounded off to meet the side skirts in the back & bumper trim in the front.

So if you use them only, there will be a visible gap. If painted the same color as the car if may not be as noticeable. [:I]
Old 23 Sep 2008, 11:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Re: pteazer fender flare

Seems like you would be able to find some round flares from another vehicle that would just double sided tape on there, or mount up somehow... im sure someone could come up with something.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 23 Sep 2008, 02:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

The TFP fender trim might fit the bill. I have them on my car. They were a PITA to install, and the instructions were junk. The initial install made me quite mad, but now that it's on there, it's not bad. It definitely widens the fender, more at top than bottom though. The $80 is a lot cheaper than $2000. It's a well made product, it just needs better instructions. My install still isn't 100%, I have to fix some with double sided tape, I've got the tape, just not the time!

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverklutz View Post
The TFP fender trim might fit the bill. I have them on my car. They were a PITA to install, and the instructions were junk. The initial install made me quite mad, but now that it's on there, it's not bad. It definitely widens the fender, more at top than bottom though. The $80 is a lot cheaper than $2000. It's a well made product, it just needs better instructions. My install still isn't 100%, I have to fix some with double sided tape, I've got the tape, just not the time!

Ben
Any photos ? I dunno, I was thinking of some sort of fender flare maybe off another car. Maybe something off a BMW or something, i have no idea... all you need is something a little subtle, that flares out a little bit.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin