PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Paint Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2005, 05:37 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PT Lilly Send a message via Yahoo to PT Lilly
Default Paint Please

I havea 2001 Touring Edition, thats getting a new Xenon body kit soon. Its the Mild Body kit a 5 Piece and I want to get it painted the color of the car which is Stone White. But here is my problem I want a 2 tone paint job like a lot of the other cruisers I've been seeing and I can't make up my mind. So I need ya'lls help in deciding. I want to make the bottom half from the pin-stripe down GT Blue and from the pin-stripe up the factory color of Stone White or flip flop them, meaning the bottom is white and the top is blue. Has anyone ever seen a PT in these two colors? Do you think it would look good? I already have a Blue LED Undercarkit on it so I want to know a couple things really. Which method would be cheaper and which style I should go for. You guy's help would be nice thanks.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:07 am
Senior Cruiser

I think the top half would be cheaper to paint blue. Also, the blue neons would show up nicely with the white above it, even though the neons would look good with the blue above it too. Its a tough decision you have but still the top half would be cheaper to paing another color, minimal door jambs/sills to paint. Just don't listen to me[:0], others with more talent will chime in shortly.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:15 am
Young Cruiser

With your color combination, since the colors are such very different intensities (ie very light vs very dark), I would need to see previews to decide myself!

Ours is cranberry, and we two-toned it with black on top. We decided that mostly due to the upper part of the car having so much black on it already - door pillars, window tint, side mirrors, etc. It gives the impression of a panel.

Also, there is less car up top, than down below the beltline, so the car stays mostly cranberry.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 08:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

saw a blue and white pt at one of the shows very nice combo , blue was on top
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 05 Jul 2005, 12:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello! I have seen pictures of Cruisers with the 2-tone paint you want. I like it. I have a '04 Cool Vanilla I was thinking of having the top part painted a dark color and leave the bottom part light. If you go to 'pt-tuning.com' then click on 'owner's gallery' you will find a lot of pics of Cruisers that owners have sent in.
I think they look good either way: dark color on top or on the bottom.

Seezya..........Ron