Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default HID Xenon Headlights Applications

We have family members who need more night time peripheral vision
issues.
Suggestions??
Old 17 Jun 2005, 12:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

That's a tough one. The only things I can think of are to not have any add-on window tint on the side windows and to always have the foglights turned on at night. The foglights will light up the shoulders of the road to the sides but not blind on-coming traffic.

Are you already running HID lights and not satisfied or are you asking if they will help if you do use them?
Old 18 Jun 2005, 02:11 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to StOnEwHitePt

If you want to see at night, you will have to get an HID kit. It runs from 400-500 dollars but worth it. I recommend that you get a 6k kit from xenonfactory.com because I have it and it is just like having Xenon headlamps as a factory option. You can get 4k for maximum brightness but you wont have any color to you headlights, just strictly pure white. 6k will give you a purple hue and white that looks exactly like cars with oem hid. It wont blind oncoming traffic as the beam pattern will stay the same as if you were using your factory halogen bulbs. The factory headlights are made by Hella and they are good quality for xenon light even though they are made for just regular halogen bulbs. It costs a lot for a kit but its worth it. No halogen bulb will ever be as bright as a xenon bulb. You will only be risking your wiring by upgrading the halogen bulbs wattage rating. DONT DO IT!! all xenon bulbs for whatever kit you get only uses 35 watts of power to the 51 watts used by the factory halogen bulbs. Xenon light will make you see better and will also give your pt a custom look at night too.[8]
2002 PT Cruiser Touring Edit.(Stone White)(148.2 DB) --Rear match Tinted front windows, 20\"+18\" Limited 800 rims+ Toyo proxes 4 tires;\'20\"\'Chrome DUB badges to clarify, 6000k Polarion HID kit, silverstar foglight bulbs, Carriage Works polished Billet grille, Mopar Chrome fuel door, APC Euro tails + clear reverse lenses+ strobes, headlight strobes, Streetglow G.S UB kit, Ps2,2 Clarion 5.8\" headrest monitors, navigation system, 2 12\" Infinity subs with 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp/custom box., and a Shorty antenna + Chrome base.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 08:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi..

Is there an easy way to install my 6K HID kit? the manual is very illustrated but removing the headlight seemms a PITA so far?

Could you help me oout with this?

Respectfully

Cesar

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by StOnEwHitePt

If you want to see at night, you will have to get an HID kit. It runs from 400-500 dollars but worth it. I recommend that you get a 6k kit from xenonfactory.com because I have it and it is just like having Xenon headlamps as a factory option. You can get 4k for maximum brightness but you wont have any color to you headlights, just strictly pure white. 6k will give you a purple hue and white that looks exactly like cars with oem hid. It wont blind oncoming traffic as the beam pattern will stay the same as if you were using your factory halogen bulbs. The factory headlights are made by Hella and they are good quality for xenon light even though they are made for just regular halogen bulbs. It costs a lot for a kit but its worth it. No halogen bulb will ever be as bright as a xenon bulb. You will only be risking your wiring by upgrading the halogen bulbs wattage rating. DONT DO IT!! all xenon bulbs for whatever kit you get only uses 35 watts of power to the 51 watts used by the factory halogen bulbs. Xenon light will make you see better and will also give your pt a custom look at night too.[8]