Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Light reflection?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2003, 09:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Light reflection?

Ok, this is a tricky one, so let me try to explain. I put a red neon light (street glow 8")inside and under my cowl induction hood. The purpose was to get a red reflection or glow that you can only see inside the car. What I get is the direct light reflecting off the bottom of the hood, rather than a glow. I have tried several things, the one thing that really looks cool is this. I put aluminum foil under the hood where the light would reflect. The foil breaks up the light rays making it look like dozens of red rays instead of one solid light. Putting foil under my hood sounds tacky, but I haven't found a better option yet. radical? but cool[8] turbomangt
Old 29 May 2003, 04:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

TurbomanGT, If you're looking for reflective tape, go to a plumbing/heating supply store and putchase a roll of Aluminum furnace tape. It can be polished, or you can cover it with chrome tape (pep boys) used for auto rocker panels. The furnace tape can be purchased in any width and it is actually metal. It should also withstand the heat without any problem. (i'm not sure about the chrome tape being able to take the heat though). I needed an indicator light for the 2nd stage boost switch. I bought a blue 7 led scanner. and mounted it on the steering column facing the dash. Wired it so its on when the boost switch is on. Used a piece of aluminum furnace tape covered by chrome tape and made a reflector below the speedometer on the instrument cover. Looks great You can see the reflected light bit you cannot see the scanner itself

Old 02 Jun 2003, 11:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

turboman - the NERVE to post that post without a pic!!
Old 03 Jun 2003, 08:27 am
Dedicated Cruiser

PLEASE! i BOUGHT A CANON A70 DIGITAL TWO WEEKS AGO, AND i'M STILL READING THE MANUAL!. HOPE TO POST PICS BEFORE MY CARS 10TH BIRTHDAY[:I]
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips