Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
side pipes? (coptZer)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2004, 05:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default side pipes? (coptZer)

has anyone on this board installed the 4 into 1 side pipes? I notice the have no muffler, but also a stupid/strange bend after the cat?

how loud would the be, and what would they sound like?

CopTzer: you have dual side pipes, custom made? do they look like the 4-1, do you have mufflers etc....oh and how much did you pay, and when can i see/hear them?

Punch
Old 25 Jan 2004, 06:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

This woman had some nice Corvette pipes on her PT GT at the Garlits show in November.She was from Tampa.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 25 Jan 2004, 06:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TripleJackInGA

This woman had some nice Corvette pipes on her PT GT at the Garlits show in November.She was from Tampa.

did you hear them running?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 07:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yes, they sounded good. Low rumble with that typical 4-cylinder crack, but not annoying at all.The lady that owned it was in her 40s, so they couldn't have been too annoying.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 25 Jan 2004, 10:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

sorry about the late reply, i have been away from the comp for a while. Anyways, yeah i have dual sidepipes with no mufflers on my car. They are not like those that run the whole length along the side of the car.
On my system you see only a tip; it's oval, slah cut and does not stick out from the body at all. The first model of them was a little too low, as i would be unable to slam the car. In the spring they are gonna be a little bit re-worked to accomodate lowering springs.

Unfortunately Punch you'll have to wait till spring to hear em, as they are sitting in my garage right now, sorry! Their design is split after the cat with a equal flow custom Y-pipe, followed by smooth bends that reach the side of the car at an angle (hence the angle cut tips) about 3 inches in front of the rear wheel. I get compliments everywhere i go from muscle car /hot rod guys to "ricers".

As for the sound, i LOVE it. I've actually had people ask if i have a V8 swap!? At low rpm, it sounds like a 5.0 and then you get that nice raspiness from the wastegate as you go WOT. As a note, if you ever hit rev limiter you will send people running!!! POW POW!!! I have also been known to throw a flame or two shifting at WOT... crap....now i just wanna go put them back on
Old 26 Jan 2004, 03:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Damn, i can't wait to hear/see these things, I'm looking to do something this summer, can't decide on sidepipes or something like your setup, where only the tip is seen.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 03:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Convinced me I want sidepipes but maybe with a central single muffler??
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 04:31 am
Senior Cruiser

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/newptcruisfu.html

http://www.californiacruisers.com/4_to_1_system.htm ( funny bend after cat)
Old 26 Jan 2004, 01:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

I like the look of the first ones, but the way the 4-into-1 are hooked up.The only thing that I don't like about the 4-into-1 are the way that there is only one entry tube hooked up, and the other three are for looks.I don't like fake stuff, no matter how good it looks.

Cop - Do you have any pics of what yours looks like on the car?

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 26 Jan 2004, 01:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

I guess I am too picky, I dont like fakes and on the second one I would really like just half by cutting out the front section which looks fake and just adds to cost. Is the first one just on one side and if not how does the exhaust get to the driver side?? What I am thinking about is a single pipe from the cat going into a transverse muffler some how and leaving out both ends going to in front of rear wheels. I would like to see just the cut chromed ends of the exhaust exiting and not the whole length of the car having pipes shown!! Does this make any sense??
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.