Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Black painted interior pieces

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2004, 02:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Black painted interior pieces

Has anyone ever painted the dash trim black? Why wouldn't I want to? Why didn't the factory ever consider that color? I hate the faux grey carbon fiber look of the GT pieces. Actually hate is too strong a term, but I want to get them painted. Although a red or orange might be an idea I keep thinking black.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 04:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Have you seen the "Krylon" (Fusion) spray paint designed for plastics. It's supposed to bond directly to plastic material. Might be a good choice since the dash trim is a faux carbon fiber painted on plastic. Been thinking of painting some of the enterior myself and I saw these spray paints at "Home Depot". What do you think?

Here is a link:
http://www.krylon.com/product/gp_pro....asp?sgID=GP07
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 25 Feb 2004, 04:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Check out this link too for Krylon's Duplicolor line. Found a pT on there site.

http://www.duplicolor.com/projects/c...ptcruiser.html

http://www.duplicolor.com/projects/c...upercoupe.html
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 25 Feb 2004, 06:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Dragula, I've been thinking of Black for the dash panels as well. I think if done well Black dash panels would work out great. If you do it let me know how it goes....
Old 25 Feb 2004, 06:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

If it get's done on my car this is who will do it: http://www.fastlanegrafix.com/colorintaccess.html

I'd be afraid to paint the high gloss black/clear. I would try to paint a gauge pod or something like that, but these interior pieces require a first class finish. I was more concerned about the color choice. I have to go with black though. If you'd ever met me you would understand (black clothes, cars, and even my two greyhounds are black!)
Old 12 Mar 2004, 02:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to GTCruiser2003

why dont you do it yourself?? it takes about 4-5 hours total to paint all three pieces. just sand everything and spray with some adhesion promoter. sells at autozone for like 3.99. you wll need two cans of mopar paint and two of clear coat. since yours is black you might get away with regular black paint. oh, when you sand, make sure to sand everything thorughly, because the primer doesnt stick to the fake carbon fiber finish. go to my site to look at my dash. from taking everything out to putting everything back in it took me about 4 hours over a 2 day period(have to let the paint dry overnight) the trickiest part is the passenger side airbag cover. it has some sliding clips holding it to the frame the airbag is secuerd to, might want to disconect the battery, but i didnt.
Mods: Mopar BOV, silencers removed, cowl weather strip removed,Goldline slammers,CarPuter,Greddy Turbo Timer, rearview mirror TV, XBox, PS 2, Alpine Type X components, Pioneer AVIC-N1 Head Unit, fully sound dampend interior, custom fiberglass sub box, Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 15\", Hollywood Audio Amps, red underbody neon, Inferno Red airbag cover, instument cluster, and center console, red door inserts, red headliner, APC Gen2 tailights(POS),removed hood and side emblems, tinted front windows.
Work in progress: Fiberglass headliner, Autometer boost,water temp, and Oil Pressure guages.

JUST THE BEGINNING.......

http://community.webshots.com/user/gtcruiser2003
Old 04 Apr 2004, 01:11 am
Senior Cruiser

I wonder how it would look in steelblue?? I wanted to match the fake carbon fiber but have never seen it in any aftermarket kit!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 04 Apr 2004, 03:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Go look inside an '02 or '03 NA Steel Blue PT and you'll see.

We like ours.
Old 05 Apr 2004, 04:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

my question is, do the, unblown/blue balled, black pt's have matching colored dash pieces, as the other colored PT's(i believe)have? If so why not get them OE and save the turbo originals for a later date.
steve[:I]
Old 06 Apr 2004, 02:27 am
Fanatic Cruiser

In '01 and '02, PTs in black, white, silver, and a few other colors had interior panels done in "Light Pewter Metalic" instead of body color. I think this still holds true. So you can't buy black panels, besides OEM is the most expensive way to go. If you want to save your turbo ones, visit your friendly local salvage yard, buy some others, and paint them.