Man this just sux.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Turboguy85
  • 1 Post By LionPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2015, 09:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Man this just sux.

So I get caught driving in the snow, in town. I'm in this parking lot and decide that the entrance/exit is too deep of an angle (plus deep snow) to get out safely. So I throw it in reverse and I hear a scrape noise. Nuthen big I thought, it's just snow after all. So I get home finally and discover that, that scrape noise was in fact my front bumper ripping off. All it was hanging by was the two tabs under the grill. So the infamous side pieces next to the headlights have broken on me. For now I just pulled off said bumper, But I went outside to take what was left of the "side tabs" off, and the bolts just spin in one spot, they wont come off. If I remember right, These studs are supposed to stay put, aren't they?
right now you could picture Yosemite Sam doing his strutting around and mumbling routine.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.

Last edited by Turboguy85; 19 Feb 2015 at 09:54 am.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:22 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Man this just sux.

This thread should help...

Front bumper replacement

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Problem is, it aint just snow, its compressed and is more like ice.
The good news is, your bumper ought to be intact - if it were metal, it'd be twisted and useless.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I see from your signature you have a rear roll pan - here's something to consider - good price - Xenon bruiser bumpers

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Feb 2015, 02:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Problem is, it aint just snow, its compressed and is more like ice.
The good news is, your bumper ought to be intact - if it were metal, it'd be twisted and useless.
True it is intact. Except for the sides where it broke. I think I have an idea to fix the sides without replacing the bumper. On a side note I don't really like the after market bumpers they have to offer for the pt. I do however love the pteazer front ends. But my wife would kill me if she seen the price tag on those after getting one.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.