Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
E & G or STULL Horizontal Billet Grill?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2004, 03:59 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default E & G or STULL Horizontal Billet Grill?

I've read that these are both good quality, easy to install, but that STULL is "a little better" and costs "a little more". True or false? Which one would you recommend in a horizontal billet grill for the GT??? [:I] Thanks.
Old 18 May 2004, 11:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, I went with the E&G grille. I haven't seen the Stull grille in person, but I am very happy with the quality and fitment of the E&G

Old 18 May 2004, 12:01 pm
Blaneb

I am very disappointed in the Stull. The fit was really poor, it took a lot of tweaking to get it to fit. The powder coating is coming off in quite a few places and this is on a garage kept PT with 6000 miles on it. I don't know about the E&G but would not recommend the Stull.

Blane
Old 18 May 2004, 01:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have E&G on non-turbo for over 2 years, very pleased. I have read posts on other forums that Stull quality (and price) have gone down.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 May 2004, 02:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

gary-- i have an e & g. drop-in fit for the top part. ten minutes with a makita drill for the bottom. have had no paint chip problems during the time the grille has been installed. i have seen the coating chip off a couple of the stulls that i have seen at meet & greets. imho the stulls are not worth the extra money.
check it out @ the next meeting of puget sound cruisers.
redrum
03 GT
Old 18 May 2004, 07:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

in fact, if you want, i would be glad to install it for you at a future club meeting.
redrum
Old 19 May 2004, 01:14 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks, redrum. Who did you purchase your grill from and what was the price including shipping to the Seattle area?
Old 19 May 2004, 01:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Have the E&G, good fit, easy install, no problems with it at all. Was going to get the Stull but everything I read said the fit wasn't that great.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 19 May 2004, 06:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

I thought the Stull looked better than the E & G in the catalogs, but I have not seen one in person to make a true judgement. I love the look of those grills and was thinking of getting one.
I live in Chicago and my Cruiser is an everyday car. How well would they hold up in the winter against road salt, etc?
Old 20 May 2004, 02:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

gary---i got the grille from PT Warehouse (866-796-8778) i bought the horizontal billet grille - not the fully chromed one (the vertical support bars show through the grille). the price is $315 and i believe the shipping was about $20. the box arrived in perfect shape, and was a snap to install. i believe Ira is the name of the gentleman @ PT Warehouse. good luck
redrum