PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Overhead console color - 2004 GT

 
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By sanatanadharma

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 Sep 2018, 02:58 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 75
Default Overhead console color - 2004 GT

The switch in one of the map lights of my overhead console broke (no spring action) so I ordered a new console off of eBay. It is a different, lighter gray color. So I'm wondering if maybe the console that was in my car had been replaced with a different color. I thought it was dark gray but it might actually be the taupe color, which I'm pretty sure is wrong.

My GT has black leather interior and light gray headliner, like most if not all of them. My question is for those of you who have a GT: what color is the bezel of your overhead console? If the lighter color is correct I'll go ahead and install it since the part is functional in every other way.

Thanks in advance...
__________________
2003 PT Limited ~ Inferno Red / Taupe ~ 79610mi * RIP *
2004 PT GT ~ Inferno Red / Dark Slate ~ 91500mi
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 Sep 2018, 06:09 pm
rckstein's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Using the website CarGurus to get a VIN, I checked all 5 of the '04 GT's that they have listed, that are red.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Then using the Dodge website to get a Build Sheet, I got the Build Sheet for all 5 of the PT's from CarGurus.

All of the Build Sheets list the interior color as: Dark Slate Gray, like in this pic:



Can you post a pic of your PT, to compare it to the above?
__________________

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 19 Sep 2018 at 06:13 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Sep 2018, 06:32 am
sanatanadharma's Avatar
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Walking distance to the embassy
Posts: 2,829
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Simply remove the working parts from the newly acquired console and reinstall in the original plastic housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegorr View Post
The switch in one of the map lights of my overhead console broke (no spring action) so I ordered a new console off of eBay. It is a different, lighter gray color. So I'm wondering if maybe the console that was in my car had been replaced with a different color. I thought it was dark gray but it might actually be the taupe color, which I'm pretty sure is wrong.

My GT has black leather interior and light gray headliner, like most if not all of them. My question is for those of you who have a GT: what color is the bezel of your overhead console? If the lighter color is correct I'll go ahead and install it since the part is functional in every other way.

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 Sep 2018, 08:35 am
Fk5 Fk5 is offline
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colesville, MD
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Using the website CarGurus to get a VIN, I checked all 5 of the '04 GT's that they have listed, that are red.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Then using the Dodge website to get a Build Sheet, I got the Build Sheet for all 5 of the PT's from CarGurus.

All of the Build Sheets list the interior color as: Dark Slate Gray, like in this pic:



Can you post a pic of your PT, to compare it to the above?
That's exactly what mine looks like. 2003 GT, inferno red outside.
__________________
2003 GT 5 speed
162,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2018, 10:54 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 75
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Simply remove the working parts from the newly acquired console and reinstall in the original plastic housing
I was going to do that but the new one is from a 2002 PT Cruiser and the innards attach to the bezel differently from mine.
__________________
2003 PT Limited ~ Inferno Red / Taupe ~ 79610mi * RIP *
2004 PT GT ~ Inferno Red / Dark Slate ~ 91500mi
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Sep 2018, 11:01 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 75
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Using the website CarGurus to get a VIN, I checked all 5 of the '04 GT's that they have listed, that are red.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Then using the Dodge website to get a Build Sheet, I got the Build Sheet for all 5 of the PT's from CarGurus.

All of the Build Sheets list the interior color as: Dark Slate Gray, like in this pic:



Can you post a pic of your PT, to compare it to the above?
No need. It's actually gray like that. I'm guessing it is unique to only a few variations so they are hard to find, but I found one on eBay that is supposedly new. Now I just have to figure out if it's worth $150 shipped.

Thanks for helping out.
__________________
2003 PT Limited ~ Inferno Red / Taupe ~ 79610mi * RIP *
2004 PT GT ~ Inferno Red / Dark Slate ~ 91500mi
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22 Sep 2018, 06:14 am
rckstein's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: Overhead console color - 2004 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegorr View Post
No need. It's actually gray like that. I'm guessing it is unique to only a few variations so they are hard to find, but I found one on eBay that is supposedly new. Now I just have to figure out if it's worth $150 shipped.

Thanks for helping out.
This one looks like Dark Slate Gray and a lot cheaper than the one you found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-05-PT-...pe!76053!US!-1
__________________

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for overhead console jrbsr05pt Classifieds: Want To Buy 11 20 Feb 2013 01:16 am
Overhead Console Henton Tech & Performance Forum 10 22 Feb 2011 02:19 pm
WTB : 2001 - 2004 overhead console MutedUziel Classifieds: Want To Buy 0 27 Jan 2011 05:42 am
Overhead Console bkarr Interior Accessories Forum 4 31 Mar 2007 02:19 pm
Overhead console gonzomania Interior Accessories Forum 7 16 Jul 2005 12:10 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors