Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Comments on a Grill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2005, 08:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Comments on a Grill

I have a 2004 PT Touring Edition with a turbo. It is silver. I have narrowed my grill choice to E & G billit or the chrome finish. Any comments on which would look better on a silver car and the pro and con of either? Thanks for your help.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 08:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Forgot to ask about who may have the best price...
Old 25 Apr 2005, 01:55 am
Fanatic Cruiser

When I bought mine I shopped around and found Race & Street had best price out of about five retailers. And Maggie will treat you right.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 04:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1
...Any comments on which would look better on a silver car and the pro and con of either?...
They will both look great! Get the one you like best and achieves "the look" you want. Good luck. [8]
Old 26 Apr 2005, 08:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I like the billet better, because the bars that are welded to the back are black, and almost invisible. On the chrome one, they're chromed and stand out - look at members pics - Jeff has chromed, Gary the billet. [?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Apr 2005, 12:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thaks for your input...Between the Billit and the Chromne which one is easier to maintain and holds it shine better over time. Plus holds up the the elements better.......
Old 19 May 2005, 11:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I had the billet grille originally but I didn't like the way it didn't match the chrome wheels at all. So I bit the bullet, sold the billet and bought the chrome. At first I was disappointed in the vertical bars, cuz I like the straight horizontal lines of the billet better. But the chrome shines on and I never have to polish it or anything, just regular car washes and it's blinding. I wish they made the chrome with black vertical bars.
Old 20 May 2005, 08:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Thaks for your input...Between the Billit and the Chromne which one is easier to maintain and holds it shine better over time. Plus holds up the the elements better.......
The billet never really shines - it's raw aluminum. I took the grill of my '02 and now have it on my '05 PT - that's 4 years and about 90,000 miles - still looks fine. I gave it no special treatment, tho I did touch up the black paint in a couple spots where it was chipped.
You should go to a show or PT meet and look for yourself....
Old 20 May 2005, 02:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Actually, since I saw the chrome one on pics of Jeff's car I like it a lot. I'm bored with the horizontal billet look. I had it on my old S-10, and currently on my Impala SS. I'm working on a stainless mesh idea for that.

That grille looks more retro with the vertical supports in chrome. To me that is way cooler, and Jeff's Crusher front end offsets the retro look well.