Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Exterior & Interior Styling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
E & G Chrome Grill Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2005, 06:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default E & G Chrome Grill Problems

I just recieved my grill from Race and Street. I am having a problem with the upper grill and hope that someone out there can assist me. When I go to install the upper grill i line up the lower tabs per the instructions and push in so the tabs seat...but what I notice is that if you look just above the tab on the car there is a bolt that fastens the fenter to the front fascia...thses are on both sides just above the slits for the tabs. when you lay back the grill to be bolted on the top the two inner vertical bars interfere with the two lower bolts above the tab on both sides. I called E & G and they said that there should be no parts rubbing at all. There is really no play in the grill to adjust it at all. It is a pretty simple installation. Has any body with this grill had any problems with installation of this grill. It is the E & G Classic Horizontal Grill...Chrome Plated. I talked to Maggie at Race and Street and she said that you should not have to modify anything to install this grill. Any help would be great. The grill looks so nice but for the price I dont want to force it on or have to bend something to make it fit....
Old 17 May 2005, 09:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Can you put up a picture??
Old 17 May 2005, 10:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sorry I am not that High Tech...
Old 18 May 2005, 12:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have that grill, it sounds like you don't have the bottom part in all the way if I understand the problem - the top fins are too high? I'd take it out and put it back in again. When the bottom slots are seated there is a sound almost like a click.
Old 18 May 2005, 07:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

That is the problem...When you seat thebottom tabs in the slot it is rubbing against the bolts that I talkrd about. It is like the Two tabs on the grill are not deep enough.
Old 18 May 2005, 08:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I transferred my E&G grille from my '02 to my '05, and noticed there was a difference - the 2 bolts you talk about - they're holding 2 plastic body panels together, right? I took them out. Didn't have them on my '02 and seems fine without them.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 May 2005, 08:38 am
Fanatic Cruiser

that is exactly what I am talking about....they hit the bolt on both sides...
Old 18 May 2005, 08:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I am so glad you posted. I really like the grill and do not want to send it back. It looks as if the outer vertical bars are what hit the two bolts. and as you stated they are there to join the front fascia to the fender. So it sound as if the earlier models did not have them. When you removed the bolts did you have any problems with any play in that area from removing the bolts....Again thanks for your post....
Old 18 May 2005, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

I am so glad you posted. I really like the grill and do not want to send it back. It looks as if the outer vertical bars are what hit the two bolts. and as you stated they are there to join the front fascia to the fender. So it sound as if the earlier models did not have them. When you removed the bolts did you have any problems with any play in that area from removing the bolts....Again thanks for your post....
No problems, no movement, but I saved the bolts just in case....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 May 2005, 10:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks Again...I was ready to ship it back today...