PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Feedback and Support

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2012, 12:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Exclamation NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS...

Okay, a lot of us are here because we enjoy the comaraderie of these forums. Also, some of us are here to try to be helpful and offer suggestions for your questions. Now, in an effort to make it easier for us members who enjoy trying to help you out with your issues, I'd like to make a suggestion to all forum members going forward. I'm going to ask Neon or Crewzin to sticky this thread as, imho, this is a great suggestion and will help us answer your questions and/or address your issues in a faster, more expedient manner.

First to remember is that this is a FORUM, not just a place to ask questions, get an answer and leave. We have a WELCOME NEW PT CRUISER OWNERS section to introduce yourself to the other member and tell us about yourself and your cruiser.

Here we go - Whenever you have an issue and want to post a question about that issue, first thing you need to do is to search these forums. Many of the issues that have been posted lately have been posted over and over again, many many times. It's really easier for you to do a quick search and see if you find any postings related to your problem/issue.

Now my suggestion for the next step is to go to the Tech/Performance section and check out the first few threads. I'm constantly answering questions regarding part numbers, and yet there is a FREE parts catalog posted for everyone on these forums, yet it seems that many members aren't even looking into that section. Personally, I've posted many, many technical documents related to all PT's, and I really wish our members would go there and do a quick look around to see if they can find what they're looking for before posting their problem/issue.

Okay, so say you searched the forums, then you checked out the technical library and you still couldn't find a solution - so now you should post a thread in the appropriate section so that other members can try to help you out.

Here are my suggestions for the rules on posting a problem, issue and/or question:

Thread title - short summary of the issue and the PT, in example:

2006 PT GT vert with AC problems

NOTE: Suggestion was made that if you keep your PT information and mods listed in your signature block, then you wouldn't have to type it out every time you asked a question. Excellent advice!

First, post the information on your PT Cruiser - in example:
  • 2006 PT Cruiser GT Convertible, Auto-Tranny 41TE
  • 66,728 miles
  • First owner, second owner, which owner are you?
  • List of modifications: 3" cat-back exhaust system, Mopar BOV, SS Upper and Lower IC and Intake pipes, Modified factory airbox, K&N filter, eibach lowering spring kit, Tokico blues shocks & struts (performance, engine and suspension mods are what we need, not modifications for looks)
edit - NOTE - from suggestions from Crewzin and others, it would be easier for you to add your info into your signature block rather than having to type it out every time you post a question. To edit your signature, go to the tool bar at the top of the page, click on "User CP", then down the left side click on "edit Signature".

Next, post a summary of your issue:
  • My air conditioner is blowing warm air.
Then post the details of your issue.
  • Tell us when the issue began, what was occurring when it began (i.e. I was driving 100mph down the road and the tire flew off).
  • Tell us what other issues are involved, if any.
  • Tell us what you've done to troubleshoot this issue, including searching the forums and reviewing the technical documents.
  • If you are stricken to a specific budget, tell us that also.
  • If you're wanting a used part (for instance you need a radiator fan but will go for a good condition used one) instead of new make sure you mention that.

Now let me post an example of what I'm stating above, as this will make it easier for ALL of us to help address your issues, problems, and/or questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut

2006 PT GT vert - blown FMIC, need help
  • I have a 2006 PT GT vert, HO turbo, manual tranny G288 but with Stage 2 LUK performance clutch and flywheel assembly.
  • 55,748 miles, good tires, only run 93 octane and up
  • First owner, purchased it new
  • Mods: DSP hi-performance ultra modified 93 octane tune, improved turbo, SS pipes both upper and lower and intake, modified airbox with K&N drop-in filter, H&R lowering springs, Tokico blues shocks/struts, strut tower brace, 17x7 wheels, Pirelli P6 225x45x17 tires, LUK stage 2 performance clutch & flywheel, Madcat STS, custom billet shifter, 10.2mm racing plug wires, custom stage 2 FMIC.

Issue = Hit the center-line wall on the race track and smashed my IC. Need to get me a new one, but can't find one, Any suggestions would be most welcome!

I was running down PBIR's quarter mile track and lost control, spun into the wall, wrecking my PT. This occurred a few weeks ago, and we've rebuilt the front end but can't find a good replacement FMIC. The OEM IC's are not readily available and I can't wait for weeks as it's my only car. I would prefer new, but that depends on price, I don't want to spend more than $600. If there is a good used one that has been pressure tested and proven in good condition, or recently removed from a PT with no front end damage, then I might consider that one. However, if you know of a good place to get a Stage 2 FMIC, I'd really appreciate it.

So if you do know or have a suggestion, please kindly PM or email me, or post it here for others to see. I thank you in advance.
Quick, simple and clean. It gives the readers an easy way to identify what model and year PT you are driving, what conditions were involved, what the issues are, etc. Also, it's short and to the point. No rambling around and creating a four page post for a single problem.

NEXT SET OF RULES:

DO NOT TYPE YOUR PROBLEM IN WITH ALL CAPS. IF YOU DO WE'LL BE REQUESTING IT BE DELETED! THERE IS NO USE IN SCREAMING AT US! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS??

alsokdon'tpost in alll lowr case and try to lern how2 spell. Some of you younger members may think that using the same kind of text as you do in your text messages to all your friends is cool. I can tell you flat out, IT'S NOT. Don't come here and post some semi-illiterate thread, because all that's going to happen is you're going to get your chops busted by people like me. If you have a problem and want help, type it out like an adult. While we appreciate a good sense of humor, if you're asking for help and can't spell out PT GT, then you might as well go find another forum to post your issues. We're all here too help, to receive help, or just to hang out with a bunch of kewl PT'ers. I personally can't stand posts that don't use proper spelling, proper grammar, proper punctuation. If you leave a post like that, it really makes you look ignorant and we know you're not or you wouldn't be here!

So, these are my suggestions. I'm hoping I can get some support from other members here who will second my comments, and then maybe Neon and Carey will support this going forward. We all want to help, and if you follow my suggestions here it will make it easier on all of us!!!

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 Sep 2014 at 11:28 am.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 01:35 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS...PLEASE...

Sounds good to me. I know I'm a relatively new member but would be it be ok to suggest that members also have the ability to list mods, year, mileage etc in their sig as some have already done. This will help with diagnostics. There are always going to be those who appear with a problem, find a quick answer then dissappear again. Not much we can do about that. If there are guidelines as you have suggested then we have a good backup to discourage posts of the kind you are talking about.

P.s. I hate CAPS as well! You wouldnt walk around shouting at people normally so dont do it here!
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

I hope the way I type isnt much of an issue, im always skipping grammar and having mispellings when I am typing using my ipad or phone!

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
You mean XtrmDC2 is going to have to stop saying "loose" when he means "lose"
LOL....I try my best but I'm good at wrenching not typing specially in english in spanish is a different story
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

I only know enough spanish to survive, bathroom, pen, telephone, water, and gordita.

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:35 am
Veteran Cruiser

Eye ar spehl gud end ale.

Lol.

I, for one, do not think it must be perfect grammar and spelling. But it should be written well enough for everyone to understand what the original poster is trying to convey.

I agree with chrome about giving us some information about your PT when you ask questions or tell us about concerns.

Keep in mind that there are different models and different years of the PT. Saying my PT does this when I do this doesn't help. A turbo can give the same symptoms as you describe for your non turbo but it can be 2 completely different issues.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:37 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
LOL....I try my best but I'm good at wrenching not typing specially in english in spanish is a different story
See, that's where I'm coming from. English its my 2nd language, as I am sure it is for quite a few others on here.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 23 Mar 2012, 09:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You all have very good points (well, not sure about Busa...lol), not asking for an English literacy course, and spelling ain't being graded, as long as we can understand one another. And Dave, that's a very good point. The issue is, for instance, on my PT, if I listed the mods that I've done my signature block would be two pages long.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 09:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
And Dave, that's a very good point. The issue is, for instance, on my PT, if I listed the mods that I've done my signature block would be two pages long.
Hey! Stop showing off!
Old 23 Mar 2012, 11:28 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Great suggestions. I second the motion.

I added some signature information - it's not difficult to do.

Last edited by harrym; 23 Mar 2012 at 11:55 am.

Tags
cam sensor