Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Feedback and Support

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PO 304

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2017, 12:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PO 304

Let me start from the beginning. My wife has a 04 Touring Turbo. 85k trouble free miles . I did a timing belt and replaced the spark plugs. Then I got the O2 sensor heater control error code and a PO300. I replaced both sensors with Bosch parts and replaced the plug wires. Still got the same code so I replaced the ignition coil. That did away with the PO300 for now. Then the O2 heater code set hard. Every time I cleared it as soon as I started the car it set. The car ran perfectly but in order to buy a license plate I had to pass an emissions test. So I bought an ECM. That fixed it long enough to get the test and plate but now I get a PO304. Car idles smooth and drives great but if I get caught at a red light the CEL starts blinking before I get a green light then it sets. I've pulled the number four plug it was light gray and dry. So I replaced the number four injector with a new one. Still have the exact same problem. Number four hole has 155 psi on the compression gauge. New plug new wires new coil new injector. I give up. Why it is still setting a 304 only at idle?
Old 29 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PO 304

Ah, my pet peeve. Straight guessing, but aluminium intake turbo in the #4 hole? I am betting intake gasket. They are famous for this. To check if it is plug or wire or injector, I would just switch in from another hole and see if the code follows.

You will be told to spray water around the gasket to see if the idle changes. Mine didn't. My intake gasket was blown out and blocking the injector port. I am not the only one that had the exact same problem.

You can check my odyssey with this problem here:P0304

The post where I link to the dude with the same problem is at the end: P0304
Old 29 Aug 2017, 06:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: PO 304

Thank you for the response. I talked to a master tech at the Chrysler dealership today and he told me the same thing. I've had the upper intake off so many times lately I guess I'll go ahead and pull the lower and replace that gasket.