PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
onsite image hosting auto-reduce

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2018, 04:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default onsite image hosting auto-reduce

the forum no longer auto-reduces images, now it gives an error instead.

Capture.JPG

is there anyone we can ask to turn the auto reduce feature back on? that was one of theeee most convenient features here, IMO
Old 30 Mar 2018, 05:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: onsite image hosting auto-reduce

Good catch, Rob. Since I rarely post pictures, I had no idea!
Gkon likes this.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 07:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep.

I had to degrade this photo by 50% to get it small enough to work. That's going to really suck if we have to do this every time we upload a photo. And it means needing software I don't have access to away from home. Auto-reduction is really the way to go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FairField02z.jpg (89.3 KB, 67 views)
dougs and Gkon like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 30 Mar 2018 at 07:51 pm.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 03:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Going through every pic is going to take forever to re-edit.
Gkon likes this.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 04:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

GOLLY DIDN'T I MENTION THIS JUST TODAY? lol'

I think that Skylight changed it a couple weeks ago when he was on doing upgrades and maintenance on the forum?
Gkon likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Apr 2018, 05:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

One reason I haven't been around much is the whole Photobucket fiasko. Now with this I'm thinking no way to fix with this problem as well. For me it's like never been here. The things I'm most proud of don't make sence or helpful any more. Maybe it's run it's course.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Apr 2018, 07:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I seem to recall the ImageMagick PHP library was disabled recently due to a security issue, but as far as I can tell it's been fixed?. Probably just a switch somewhere in the forum software's backend settings page

this was the issue:

Addendum: vBulletin Security Issues

The following issues exist in vBulletin itself, reported by us to vBulletin support over 60 days ago. Since vBulletin has not patched or disclosed the issues since that time, we now do so here:

An image decompression bomb vulnerability exists when vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Resize Images = Yes. Disable it to protect your site.

An image decompression bomb vulnerability exists when allowing user uploads for avatars and profile pictures. To protect your site, change your forum's permissions so that users cannot upload custom avatars or profile pics.

An image decompression bomb vulnerability exists when using ImageMagick for images and allowing uploads. Currently known issues are for PDFs and TIFFs; however, because the filename of the incoming upload is not trustworthy, removing entries from the Attachment Manager or changing Attachment Permissions are not viable options.

The following mitigation options exist:
Change vBulletin Options > Image Settings > Image Processing Library = GD, OR
Change your forum's permissions so that no users can upload anything.

Probably we're just waiting on a patch from vBulletin, before this can be re-enabled...
Old 08 May 2018, 10:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I wrote to the moderator(s) weeks ago after I tried to post a for sale ad and found that not only can I no longer use photo bucket, but that a direct attachment of a photo of a simple sun visor was like 5x too big for what is allowed to be posted. I have received NO response. And I still can't post pics. Does anyone know if there are moderators for this site anymore? Is the site dying a slow death? Any information would be very appreciated. Thanks!!!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 08 May 2018, 11:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I have been using imgbb.com. it's very simple. Not ideal, but it's only temporary.

Modetator has taken a sudden leave of absence which can't be good, and most of us are wishing him the best and anxiously awaiting his return.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 09 May 2018, 01:12 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
I have been using imgbb.com. it's very simple. Not ideal, but it's only temporary.

Modetator has taken a sudden leave of absence which can't be good, and most of us are wishing him the best and anxiously awaiting his return.
Okay, thanks for the info. Does this site really only have a single moderator? That is crazy!!!
rob302 likes this.

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.