PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Registration Problems Reported

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2018, 09:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Registration Problems Reported

I saw this post on the PT Cuiser World Facebook Page...

"Tony Krch shared his first post.
New Member 9 hrs
Hi, new PT Cruiser owner as of a couple days ago here. Any members of the ptcruiserlinks.com forum on here? I tried to sign up last night, after finding useful info on how to get to my cargo area light bulb. And the captcha is broken, making it impossible to either join, or send a message to the admins to let them know about it. I don't think it's a temporary problem. It looks to me like the captcha v1 used on the site might have been retired, so unless someone fixes it, it'll remain unuseable. If someone could get a message to an admin of that site, I and others who might be trying to join would sure be grateful. I just hope that's not what's used for posting messages on the forum, or letting anyone know would turn out to be a real challlenge. Thanks! "
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 GT as the new Day Driver - being converted to a Panel PT

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 08 Jul 2018, 10:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Registration Problems Reported

Chuzz mentioned this to me a couple of days ago. I recommended that he send Skylight a PM about it and I sent one too. But I haven't heard back.

I think Nitro is the only one with a phone number to call Skylight. You might let him know.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Jul 2018 at 05:38 am.
Old 08 Jul 2018, 11:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It looks like the last new member that was able to join the forum did so on 06/04:

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 09 Jul 2018, 05:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
It looks like the last new member that was able to join the forum did so on 06/04:

Yep.

That's what I found too. No one has been able to join the forum in over a month now.

I believe that Captcha has to be paid for with a subscription. If the subscription wasn't paid, you get messages like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg v1_unsupported.jpg (9.3 KB, 85 views)
rckstein and ptprice like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Jul 2018 at 05:45 am.
Old 09 Jul 2018, 08:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

I've got to be honest, I've never even heard of Skylight. Shame on me? Anyway, I also sent a message about this.
rckstein likes this.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 09 Jul 2018, 08:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I've got to be honest, I've never even heard of Skylight. Shame on me? Anyway, I also sent a message about this.
Me either, but here it is:

I also sent a message.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 09 Jul 2018, 10:07 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Yep.

That's what I found too. No one has been able to join the forum in over a month now.

I believe that Captcha has to be paid for with a subscription. If the subscription wasn't paid, you get messages like this:

How is the PT Cruiser Forum funded?
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 09 Jul 2018, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
How is the PT Cruiser Forum funded?
It's funded by revenue from the Google Ad at the top of the page.

It doesn't take that much to run a forum like this. Moderators are voluntary. Web hosting is the biggest cost if you are your own webmaster and can deal with the upgrades and technical issues yourself. If figure you can host a forum with moderate traffic like this one for well under $1,000 a year. But that all depends on how much bandwidth and storage you need.

As far as I know, Skylight owns this forum. I believe he lives in Canada but I could be wrong. Lynn (NitoPT) is the only active member I know that claims to have his contact info and phone number. If Lynn sees this, I hope he will give the guy a call and see if we can get this fixed. Without new members, the traffic on this site will continue to go down.

Also, if the revenue is not enough to keep this site going, I'd be willing to chip in a few dollars a years. And I'd also be interested in buying it (possibly in a partnership with other members).
ptprice and myckee like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Jul 2018 at 10:33 am.
Old 09 Jul 2018, 10:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

This says that the reCAPTCHA service is free, and this is the new version:

Perhaps the Forum needs to update to the new version.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It's funded by revenue from the Google Ad at the top of the page.

It doesn't take that much to run a forum like this. Moderators are voluntary. Web hosting is the biggest cost if you are your own webmaster and can deal with the upgrades and technical issues yourself. If figure you can host a forum with moderate traffic like this one for well under $1,000 a year. But that all depends on how much bandwidth and storage you need.

As far as I know, Skylight owns this forum. I believe he lives in Canada but I could be wrong. Lynn (NitoPT) is the only active member I know that claims to have his contact info and phone number. If Lynn sees this, I hope he will give the guy a call and see if we can get this fixed. Without new members, the traffic on this site will continue to go down.

Also, if the revenue is not enough to keep this site going, I'd be willing to chip in a few dollars a years. And I'd also be interested in buying it (possibly in a partnership with other members).
The site is being hosted on a Canadian server, but the domain was registered in Singapore. You can see the contact info for tech support but I do not know if it will do any good as it may not be to the owner but rather the domain supplier. It is also for sale according to this site. If you register for the site you may be able to see who the registrars are past and present and some other info:

PTCruiserLinks.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools