Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rub marks on interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2005, 12:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rub marks on interior

In the rear area (trunk) of my GT are marks from boxes,ect. on the inside of the hatch door and side panels,it seems the black rubs off eazy and then you have white marks...I really did't want to spray paint because of runs,but what about shoe polish? Can you guys help me please..Its hot here in Phila. so I guess I will put off installing my Stage1 kit longer as I only have it 18 monthsBOB...Ps:I mad as hell,I had to buy 2 17" tires because of bubbles on sides.
Old 06 Jul 2005, 04:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Are you talking about the plastic panels? I thought the color was throughout. If you chafe the surface, it'll appear white, but I'll bet if you hold a soldering iron real close the white will go away.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Jul 2005, 11:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

The panel that is installed to the inside of the hatch and the 2 side panels that the removeable package shelf hooks into,I would think that the hot iron would cause heat bubbles to the pavels...Yes the marks are white....THANK YOU FOR HELPING,BOB
Old 08 Jul 2005, 11:35 am
Senior Cruiser

I have white marks because of the dogs claws. I usally clean every two weeks sometimes sooner if need be and I with orange greaze lighting and go over it with? Drawing a blank here but whatever you use for your dash!
Old 08 Jul 2005, 12:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

I have white marks because of the dogs claws. I usally clean every two weeks sometimes sooner if need be and I with orange greaze lighting and go over it with? Drawing a blank here but whatever you use for your dash!
You ,eam like Back to Black? I use that on all vinyl/plastic. At the very least, it couldn't hurt....
Old 11 Jul 2005, 09:23 am
Dedicated Cruiser

YOu need my water based dressing on the vinyl to bring back life to the material. gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips