Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Leather Seats and Child Car Seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2005, 01:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Leather Seats and Child Car Seats

In a few weeks I will be getting my new 05 PT Cruiser GT with leather seats, and I know with a cloth seats, the car seats will show the marks from the car seat frame. What should I use under the car seat with leather seats? Does a thick towel will work? I know that many stores does sale some kind of plastic to put under teh car seat, but that is only god when the children drops food.Any suggestions will be appreciate it.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 05:16 pm
Young Cruiser

For my two grandkids the child seats are placed on vinyl pads that you can buy (for that purpose) at WalMart. I also have leather and these pads work great.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 07:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

The DMV in California gave out small sheets of that foam-type material that you can use in kitchen drawers to keep stuff from sliding around - was really cheap to buy a roll but they were using it for demonstration at a "Buckle Up for Safety" demonstration and free "car-seat clinic." We had leather seats in our Stratus (and also now in our Sienna) and the stuff worked wonders! It keeps the car seats from moving around and we never did have any scratches from the carseats. If the car seat is properly installed, your seats should be fine and they won't move, but the skid protection is fairly inexpensive and should preserve your seats.

Most department of transportation folks (police and the likes) will advise against using a towel or fabric that could slide on the seat, in the event the childseat has been inappropriately installed or insufficiently tightened down (i.e. seat belt used to secure the carseat was not pulled as tightly as possible to keep it from moving).

2003 Classic Edition, 5-speed with 7-ball shift knob, badges removed, dark tint, Borla split exit exhaust, short billett antenna, Nu-Image white-faced blue flamed gauges and 15\" American Racing Aero Wheels.
Old 09 Aug 2005, 10:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTRobertThnak you for the information. I am getting ready in a few weeks to take possesion of the new vehicle and I want to be ready.

The DMV in California gave out small sheets of that foam-type material that you can use in kitchen drawers to keep stuff from sliding around - was really cheap to buy a roll but they were using it for demonstration at a "Buckle Up for Safety" demonstration and free "car-seat clinic." We had leather seats in our Stratus (and also now in our Sienna) and the stuff worked wonders! It keeps the car seats from moving around and we never did have any scratches from the carseats. If the car seat is properly installed, your seats should be fine and they won't move, but the skid protection is fairly inexpensive and should preserve your seats.

Most department of transportation folks (police and the likes) will advise against using a towel or fabric that could slide on the seat, in the event the childseat has been inappropriately installed or insufficiently tightened down (i.e. seat belt used to secure the carseat was not pulled as tightly as possible to keep it from moving).