PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Neon Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2005, 05:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Neon Lights

Has anybody put neon lights on their pt? cause i have lights underneath my car and i just put one in my grill and i was wonodering if anybody else has done that?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 07:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Many people have put them on, in and under their cars. At car shows usually there is one night for "Show and Glow". Some very amazing displays. I myself do not have any lights.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 09:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have them in the Grill and the interior for night shows and Cruise-Ins'

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 12 Aug 2005, 01:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Just finished installing a set of blue LED underbody lights on our Electric Blue PT. Our Inferno Red PT has the 7 color changing LEDs.[?]
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 14 Aug 2005, 07:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

I've got 7 color LED's under mine too!
Just a little something to make it stand out at night!!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

before installing colored lights, especially if you plan on driving with them on you should check with your states laws reguarding color and use of lights. in florida it is illegal to operate a car on the road with blue or red lights illuminating from anywhere including those stupid looking cateye lights people put on thier cars where the windshield washers are. the fine in florida starts at $70.50
http://photobucket.com/albums/a100/janedoeakafletch/
Old 18 Aug 2005, 10:47 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by janedoe

before installing colored lights, especially if you plan on driving with them on you should check with your states laws reguarding color and use of lights. in florida it is illegal to operate a car on the road with blue or red lights illuminating from anywhere including those stupid looking cateye lights people put on thier cars where the windshield washers are. the fine in florida starts at $70.50
Thats why we only use them at night shows and Cruise-Ins.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 23 Aug 2005, 11:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PT Lilly Send a message via Yahoo to PT Lilly

Well so much for me then I have a LED Kit under my car thats Blue. I haven't gotten a single ticket yet, but I'm pretty careful where and when I show them off. I live in Orlando. And I got Blue neon in the trunk under the seats and pedals to drive with to boot. I love blue neon and hate the dumb state laws on the colors. I know they make Police PTs but how many have undercar kits on them? Or Ambulances or Fire Trucks that use undercar kits of anykind. I don't know of any. I've been fighting the system on neon and its uses for years. Most state laws including VA(where I'm from) don't allow any of anykind, because they say it distracts other drivers and it is used to inpersonate authoritys of the law. I think its dumb. But to answer your question yeah I got a kit and it looks great!
Old 01 Sep 2005, 11:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johns Steel Blue

Those look great! [?]

I'm glad to see a steel blue with so many mods. I've been wondering about neons, or maybe LED's for my PT. Did you install those yourself? I'm not too much of a DIY'er when it comes to things involving electricity or wiring... if you did the install yourself, was it difficult?

2003 Classic Edition, 5-speed with 7-ball shift knob, badges removed, dark tint, Borla split exit exhaust, short billett antenna, Nu-Image white-faced blue flamed gauges and 15\" American Racing Aero Wheels.
Old 09 Sep 2005, 02:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTRobert

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johns Steel Blue

Those look great! [?]

I'm glad to see a steel blue with so many mods. I've been wondering about neons, or maybe LED's for my PT. Did you install those yourself? I'm not too much of a DIY'er when it comes to things involving electricity or wiring... if you did the install yourself, was it difficult?
I do not leave them in place in the grille. It is 2 12in. Cold Cathode Tubes. I have the wiring in place and just plug in the tubes. On the inside, same thing... I just put them in place below dash with velcro.