Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chevy HHR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2005, 05:21 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Chevy HHR

Just saw the commercial (I was told it has been out for a while however). What is your guys' take on the new Chevy HHR?

Judging from the commercial it had a slight resemblence to the PT... with an ugly @$$ SUV sorta look.

[:I]
Old 20 Sep 2005, 05:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to satellite66

I saw on the other day and it was ugly. It looked clunky. In the commercial I thought no horrible but in person is a different story. Not smooth looking at all.

2003 Electric Blue 5spd
Many on the political left are so entranced by the beauty of their vision that they cannot see the ugly reality they are creating in the real world.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 09:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I pass a Chevy dealer and there's one in the front. When I look at it, it cries out "SUV" - nothing more. Other than the nose, it could be any other SUV, In my view.[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Sep 2005, 09:37 am
Young Cruiser

Plus it has lame engines and no turbo, typical Chevy, a day late and a dollar short.
90 Daytona ES Turbo 2.5 NPR Cooler, S60 50 Trim, A568 Getrag 3\" Exh +40\'s 3bar Map
90 Daytona Shelby VNT 2.2 T4 A568 Getrag Needs work
00 Durango 5.9 SLT+
02 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7
03 PTGT Black 5 spd, Stg1, Mopar BOV
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TurbozCS2003

Plus it has lame engines and no turbo, typical Chevy, a day late and a dollar short.
The PT started out with lame engines and no turbo!

The HHR is a different kind of car for the GM loyalist and I am pretty sure it will sell well. Mods have already begun to show up.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TurbozCS2003

The PT started out with lame engines and no turbo!

The HHR is a different kind of car for the GM loyalist and I am pretty sure it will sell well. Mods have already begun to show up.
Actually, the n/a PT engine makes alittle more power than the HHR's base engine, but the HHR weights alittle more. And the optional engine makes less power than a PT Turbo Lite. To me, it's too little and too less. It would have been different if it came out in 2002. It would have been direct competition for the PT, but it came out 4 years later.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 20 Sep 2005, 12:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

I predict they'll put the Cobalt SS supercharger on it. I'm sure there's an aftermarket blower pulley for that already.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 01:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dragula

I predict they'll put the Cobalt SS supercharger on it. I'm sure there's an aftermarket blower pulley for that already.
I agree. No model in the first year ever comes out with what the real car enthusiasts wants, wheather it be the larger engine or a convertible.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 02:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

What gets me is that from the front it looks very similar to a pt with a aftermarket grill. I don't hate it, but I don't even come close to liking it.

Just imagining if Chrysler made the PT into an SUV.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 03:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by xyster

What gets me is that from the front it looks very similar to a pt with a aftermarket grill. I don't hate it, but I don't even come close to liking it.

Just imagining if Chrysler made the PT into an SUV.
If it looked like a SUV panel then alot would like it. Mind you, the PT is just too cool.