Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Did any one watch "Rides" 9/20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2005, 07:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Did any one watch "Rides" 9/20

Ray from Pteazer & three other companys took an HHR & customize it out to the max. What was so cool about the show was some of the custom pt's that Ray has worked on got some major air time. I really like the candy peral red pt with the realistic fire flames....
Old 22 Sep 2005, 11:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Yep, I saw it. The PTs were cool, and they did the normal bling stuff to each of the HHRs. They all ended up very nice show puppies.
It's a shame that all these shops were under such tight schedules. Would have liked to see more creativity on the bodies. Add 4 more weeks and they could have done a Nomad 2-door conversion.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

I saw the show also was very impressed. Just goes to show you that there will/is a market for the HHR.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 03:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

Purple - You call converting the HHR to front engine V8 and rear wheel drive "normal bling stuff"? Two of the four teams did it, plus they all did extensive custom body mods. Nothing was pre-made bolt on.

It was a great show. I thought all of the teams did a fantastic job. They probably put in 4-months of work in those 4 or 5 weeks. Did you see the Unique Performance boss bring in campers so that his team had to live on site?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 10:10 am
Regular Cruiser

I saw that show too. Noticed Chevy sponsered it to the tune of an SSR for each group. How about Chrysler doing the same with a Viper for incentive! Imagine a rear wheel fuel injected 383 CI PT![8)]
Old 23 Sep 2005, 11:19 am
Cool Cruiser

JohnM, you are right. The engine swaps were over and above the call. I was thinking more about the front and rear bumpers, speaker bulges and suicide hinges. All pretty standard tricks. Mothers did a V8 PT early on, so that is sort of covered ground, too. While all the work was top-notch and more than I'm capable of in my garage, The thing that impressed me was the rear flares one team did. One of the things no one did was make it a 2 door, chop it, or (and this is something I'd like to see on a PT) a 2-door with one large rear side window. Something like an early hearse or Nomad. The 'full custom' stuff that would be more dream stuff than prototypes for aftermarket kits. Again, all of it was beautiful, but nothing that was groundbreaking.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Am I the only one who found it odd, maybe even a little infuriating, that a company that built itself on the PT (ie PTeazer), would go and build what is considered the most direct competitor to the car we love? When I saw that, I was pissed. Yeah, seeing the cool PT's was nice, but c'mon? It was almost as bad as the shop that builds the Eleanors doing one. To me, that would be like Apple asking Bill Gates to pimp out it's new Mac. Just shouldn't happen! Just my 0.02......

me
Old 23 Sep 2005, 09:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

BB, They are sucessful, and want to keep being that way. You wouldn't keep working on only Win95 because that's how you started. Year One started on muscle Mopars, but has grown into GMs as well. They have got to keep the employees busy and happy, and the business growing.

Old 25 Sep 2005, 02:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yep, Saw it. Nice PT 1FearPT.