PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Do performance MODS or bling-bling carry more...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2005, 10:33 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Do performance MODS or bling-bling carry more...

weight at most car shows when it comes to placing in the top group for the best-looking engine bay? [:I] Those of you who have entered your car in some shows or just attend shows to see some nice rides and get ideas on what you may want to do to modify your Cruiser what are your thoughts?

After having entered my Cruiser in several shows this past summer I have come to the conclusion that engine perfomance MODS contribute little or nothing when it comes to winning first place for Best Underhood. IMHO, it is the bling-bling under the hood that "really counts" and performance means little to most people who are voting (unless of course they are "professional judges"). If your engine bay doesn't look somethiing like this...

then you don't have much of a chance for the "Best Underhood" award. [B)] [:I]

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Hey, CREWZIN and turbomangt, since you are experts, what do you think?

PS: "If you can't beat them, then, join them!"...so, I recently added some more sparkle to my engine bay with the addition of a chrome hoodlatch. [8]

Old 02 Oct 2005, 11:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The more bling, the better. It's amazing what some people are chroming. I, for one, can't keep up with them. Too much $$$$$![xx(]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 02 Oct 2005, 11:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

All my shows go for cleanliness and the only way I can keep up is to keep cleaning the engine bay a few times a week. Sometimes it only takes 10 minutes, other times 1/2 hour. I use the reverse air flow of a shop vac which blows a force of air out while I clean everything with an assortment of brushes to get into the tiniest of spots. I go over every inch of the underhood, engine and every nook and cranny that dust and dirt can accumulate. I also spray everything that's black with a detail spray that I buy from a truck that delivers clening materials to the detail shops. The spray makes everything black look like new.

PT

My Vette (134,000 miles)
Old 03 Oct 2005, 09:36 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

Hey CREWZIN,
(Post Jack) Didn't I see that you just had some coatings
of some sort done for some of your vette parts?
Which parts? H.
Old 03 Oct 2005, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Herschel

Hey CREWZIN,
(Post Jack) Didn't I see that you just had some coatings
of some sort done for some of your vette parts?
Which parts? H.
Herschel,

Yep, took the whole top of the engine off plus the valve covers and had them silver powder coated. Got tired of painting them.
Old 03 Oct 2005, 06:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You are pretty much right. Parking lot shows / fun shows are all clean and shine. The most chrome, wire loom, colored hoses and clean as a whistle will win. That is what engine compartment is judged in. The engine mods (NOS-Super charger-turbo..) add to your overall points not really engine bay. Big shows- Nopi-Lowrider-Hot import nights. These things all matter together you can get anywhere without the whole pkg. Clean will always be supreme.

P.S. the chrome of the hood lack-good. Sticks under hood-bad.

Old 03 Oct 2005, 08:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have to agree with Marvin, that was the first thing I noticed when I looked at your picture.[xx(]
Old 03 Oct 2005, 08:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

I have to agree with Marvin, that was the first thing I noticed when I looked at your picture.[xx(]
STICKS[:I] Who's got sticks??? I sure don't and I know Gary doesn't....do you mean Basset Hound? If you do, that's not a stick...that's a BIG BONE to go along with his Basset Hound theme.
Old 03 Oct 2005, 10:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

Quote:
STICKS[:I] Who's got sticks??? I sure don't and I know Gary doesn't....do you mean Basset Hound? If you do, that's not a stick...that's a BIG BONE to go along with his Basset Hound theme.
Thanks CREWZIN.

I agree with the underhood area, as well as everything else, needing to be clean.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/